As a result of securing a significant, long-term pipeline of work we are seeking an experienced Aboriginal Heritage Consultant to join our NSW Aboriginal Cultural Heritage team. We're flexible with the location of this position so you can choose to work at any of our NSW office locations (Parramatta, Bulli, Port Macquarie or Sydney CBD) or if you prefer, work from home in NSW.
The experience our team needs:
- 4 to 6 years consulting experience, working on NSW Aboriginal Cultural Heritage projects.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience in Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessments in NSW, the New South Wales National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2019 and associated codes and guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills and strong working relationships with NSW Aboriginal communities.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conceptual and technical report writing skills.
The qualifications you'll bring:
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree with Honours (minimum), with a concentration in the field of Aboriginal Archaeology.
- Demonstrated professional development by post graduate study would be advantageous.
You'll be prepared to:
- Have fun while delivering complex and challenging projects.
- Work both in the office and in the field, traveling to field locations across NSW for periods of time.
- Collaborate closely with your discipline manager and a highly supportive heritage team.
- Leverage your own and Niche's network to bring in work.
- Take ownership of projects and develop professional relationships.
You'll also have these key requirements:
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Precise attention to detail and ability to produce professional quality output.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and assessment skills, together with strong professional experience.
- A full current NSW driver's licence.
- Experience with using tablets, laptops, digital cameras, and Microsoft 0365.
- NSW White Card (CIC) and First Aid certificate are desirable.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Senior support is available to ensure you can grow in your role with us.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Professional learning and development.
- Paid parental leave.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Mentoring program.
- Annual employee retreat.
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture.
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience.
Our 85+ strong team includes archaeologists, heritage architects, ecologists, botanists, and environmental engineers who are located in Sydney, Illawarra, Port Macquarie and across regional New South Wales and Queensland
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in cultural heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals, and environmental offsetting.
Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000+ projects to clients across Australia. Niche has an excellent safety culture, and our cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.