Bush Renewalls is a small bush regeneration company based in the Noosa Shire which undertakes the rehabilitation, regeneration and maintenance of natural areas within the Noosa Shire Council boundaries.
The company is experiencing a growth in demand for services, requiring new members to join our team as Bush Regeneration Officers.
Casual position up to 38 hrs per week
Wage based on the Gardening & Landscape Award 2010 (level dependant on experience)
Area of work within the Noosa Shire, Sunshine Coast
The Bush Regeneration Officer role includes but is not limited to:
- Bush regeneration activities across varying ecosystems
- Weed management including manual, mechanical and herbicide treatment
- Use of specialised equipment such as chainsaw, brushcutter, power drills, chemical backpacks and dab equipment.
- Revegetation activities including site preparation, digging planting sites, planting trees, watering and mulching trees.
- Following and implementing workplace health and safety procedures.
- Monitoring and maintaining plant and equipment.
- Liaising with Council officers, neighbours and general public.
- Other tasks as directed in an environmental management sense
- A CALM Certificate III or Bush Regeneration Level II Certificate (or currently studying)
- Commercial Operators license (ACDC), or willing to obtain before commencement of employment
- Construction White Card
- First Aid Certificate
- A current Driver’s licence and your own reliable transport.
- Chainsaw Certification Level 1 or 2
- Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Management or related field
- South East QLD native and weed identification skills
- A strong work ethic
- The ability to work well within a team
- The ability to complete delegated tasks while working unsupervised
- Good communication skills
- Possess a medium-high level of physical fitness
- The ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- A genuine passion for the environment