CQG Consulting is one of regional Queensland’s leading consultancies with a highly regarded reputation. In addition to a broad range of environmental advisory service projects across the State, we are currently engaged to lead the Environmental Package for a major Defence project in Central Queensland.
The core of our success is our culture and the way we treat our staff and our clients. We are seeking experienced professionals who share our values and passion toward making a difference to the sustainability of the regions in which we work.
Environmental Scientists Mackay (preferred)
There is an option to be based at one of our other offices (Gladstone, Rockhampton, Townsville, Charters Towers or Brisbane).
About the Roles
- Designing and conducting environmental monitoring and sampling programs
- Planning projects, preparing proposals and liaising with clients and other staff
- Interpreting field data, preparing technical reports and environmental management plans
- Mentoring junior staff.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated good understanding of the principles and practices of environmental assessment, monitoring and management;
- A love for working outdoors and a positive attitude with a good sense of humour
- Ability to manage projects, to work with minimal instruction and manage time
- Degree level qualifications in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry or Natural Resource Management
- Over five years’ experience in an environmental or land management role both in the field and office based
- Knowledge of local, State and Commonwealth legislation relating to the environment in Qld, particularly the Environmental Protection Act 1994
- Good analytical written and communication skills.
- Write technically sound, clear, accurate and concise environmental reports
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, as you will liaise with team members from different disciplines, clients and government agencies to ensure delivery of innovative solutions that meet client and broader community expectations
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite of programs
- “C” class driver license (manual)
- Australian Citizenship or the right to work within Australia
- Previous consulting, regulatory, Defence, industrial or mine site experience
- White card, 1st Aid, 4WD certificates
- Willingness to travel
- Passion for learning and finding smarter ways of doing things
- Well-being program
- Flexible working environment
- Ongoing professional development
- Mentoring support
- Annual employee retreat
- Birthday leave after three years’ employment
- Support for professional networking and a vibrant culture
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered commensurate with your level of experience and abilities