- Join an established bushland management and landscaping business with a commitment to sustainability
- Genuine opportunities to make a difference to the environment and continue to develop your career
- Welcoming team environment with family friendly conditions
- Central Inner City location
Formed in 1999, Naturelinks Landscape Management has a commitment to the principles of conservation, biodiversity and community involvement, as reflected in our vision:
“Sustainability in everything we do.”
On the whole, we manage and build landscapes specialising in local native flora, from our two depots at North Melbourne (where this role is based) and Mornington.
We have extensive bushland management and construction knowledge, a sound and growing customer base (government, semi-government and private organisations) together with a growing team of over 60 people and a record of delivering quality service.
We understand that to be successful as a business, we need good people who have relevant competencies and are motivated to deliver results in the right way and in accordance with our values.
Purpose and scope
Reporting to the Melbourne Bushland Manager, the primary role of this position is to assist with the implementation of bushland management and revegetation projects for our various clients throughout the greater Melbourne region.
The attributes required of the successful candidates lie in 4 key areas as follows:
- Core attributes
- A track record of hard work, reliability and customer service
- Demonstrated understanding of workplace health and safety requirements applicable to the industry
- Team orientation with a willingness to accept instruction, help others as necessary, contribute effectively in team activities and represent the business positively in the field.
- Commitment to our stated values
- Bushland Management
- A passion for indigenous plants
- A genuine interest in sustainability and bushland management
- Experience in the industry
- Qualifications relevant to the industry are desirable
- Knowledge of revegetation techniques and experience in the use of appropriate tools and equipment
- A practical understanding of weed control techniques and herbicides
- Knowledge of weed and indigenous plant species
- Physical suitability to hard labour
- A desire to be part of a team
- A commitment to personal development and continuous improvement
- Exemplary behaviour consistent with company values
- Accountability for own performance
- A great ambassador for the business.
- Training and Licences
- Essential - Construction Induction Card (Red/White Card)
- Essential - Current Manual Victorian Car Licence
- Essential - ChemCert or equivalent
- Essential - Chainsaw - Operate and Maintain Chainsaws
- Highly Desirable - Senior First Aid (Level 2)
- Highly Desirable - Personal transport for site-start work
- Desirable - Medium Rigid truck licence.
For more information, or to apply, click 'View details' below.