Rangelands NRM are currently looking for a Project Officer/Sustainable Agriculture Facilitator. Working predominantly across the Gascoyne, Murchison & Goldfields regions of WA.
The Project Officer/Sustainable Agriculture Facilitator (SAF) will provide a designated, central point of contact for farmers, landholders, industry and community groups to support the adoption of sustainable, climate-smart agriculture practices. The role of the SAF is to improve farmers’ and other agriculture stakeholders’ knowledge and uptake of climate-smart practices, including understanding of environmental markets. Facilitating partnerships and support other climate-smart sustainable agriculture projects in the region.
The key areas of responsibility:
- Engage and inform farmers, landholders, community groups, and agriculture industries within the Gascoyne, Murchison, Goldfields rangelands region about climate-smart, sustainable agriculture practices to help achieve outcomes.
- Facilitate partnerships and connections that will assist farmers, landholders, community groups and agriculture industries to work together to achieve outcomes.
- Support the delivery of sustainable agriculture projects across the rangelands regions.
- Project implementation in accordance with internal processes and project management directives – effective management of activities, outputs and outcomes, including procurement, monitoring and evaluation.
- Project reporting– including timelines, status reports, updates on schedule, budget and project acquittals.
- Written communication responsibilities for projects – compile and submit all required documents to meet project reporting and internal reporting requirements.
- Analytical responsibilities – troubleshoot and resolve any issues or challenges that may arise.
- Interpersonal skills – liaise with external stakeholders to foster effective relationships, communication and collaboration and work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure outcomes are achieved.
- Develop and progress project initiatives with guidance from wider management and executive team.
- Work with and provide support to wider team to achieve Rangelands objectives.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Demonstrated project implementation skills and experience
- Proven interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of agricultural production and natural resource management
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in appropriate discipline
- Possession of C class driver’s license
- Experience working with Indigenous groups would be an advantage.
- Strong community connections throughout the rangelands are valuable but not essential.
- Real passion and interest in climate information and adaptation for change.
- Part time position (0.6 FTE).
- Working from our office in Dongara (or Carnarvon or surrounds) is preferenced. Wider rangeland region may also be considered for the right candidate.
- Police Clearance.
- Remote and regional travel will be required.
- At times you may be required to work outside of normal business hours.