At Melbourne Water we love water and love life. What we do makes a vital contribution to Melbourne’s famous lifestyle. We achieve this by supplying high quality drinking water, providing outstanding sewerage services, integrating drainage systems, building resilience to flooding and by enhancing our waterway and land for greater community use. At Melbourne Water we are in the ‘Decade that Matters’ and we’ve got some ambitious goals to achieve. It’s a pride we share in helping to make greater Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
Reporting to the Manager, Catchment Collaborations & Relationships the Catchment Collaborations & Relationships Lead is accountable for leading the initiation, planning and development of multi-partner projects and program collaborations to meet Port Phillip & Westernport Region Regional Catchment Strategy and Natural Resource Management Plan priorities.
This is a part-time, 3-day-a-week role and is a fixed term contract through to June 2028.
This will be achieved through:
- Develop an annual business plan, project planning, funding bids and business cases related to funding opportunities, financial targets
- Drive investment into Melbourne Water for catchment management projects and programs
- Manage relationships with key investment partners, including Australian and Victorian Government
- Develop business cases and funding proposals to secure external investment into Melbourne
- Develop and evolve new collaborations and partnerships, related to specific projects or programs of work
- Lead the development of an Investment Roadmap of external partnerships, collaborations and investment opportunities related to delivering on Regional Catchment Strategy priorities as set out in the NRM Action Plan
Your Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of current best practice in integrated catchment management
- Demonstrated experience in working in partnership and collaboration with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to realise and translate strategic priorities into on-ground projects
- Demonstrated experience in translating high level strategy and policy into practical directions, guidance, projects and programs of work
- Demonstrated high level of financial and commercial acumen
Culture at Melbourne Water
We take enormous pride in cultivating a culture that holistically benefits our team and the wider Melbourne community. The pillars of our culture are based on Flexibility, Impact, Growth & Development, and People.
- We are committed to flexible working in a variety of manners including hybrid work, varied start/finish times, purchased leave, part time work, and 9 day fortnights. We understand that Melbourne Water and our customers are benefitted by enabling balance in work and life.
- Make an impact as part of a passionate team doing meaningful work for leading the initiation, planning and development of multi-partner projects and program collaborations to meet Port Phillip & Westernport Region Regional Catchment Strategy priority to enhance life and livability in Melbourne.
- We relish learning and challenging the status quo for continuous growth. Perpetual and varied opportunities for learning and development are offered in a variety of manners - from formal development programs, digital learning content and lunch & learns; to visiting our sites and getting to see our initiatives and projects first hand.
- People are the foundation for all that we do. Our people are warm, welcoming, and inclusive.
- We welcome applications from everyone, including people with disability, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTI+ community, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Melbourne Water welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.