Are you an experienced Bush Regeneration Supervisor, with extensive on ground experience or Diploma level qualification? Are you seeking to work for a diverse and growing Landcare organisation, with opportunities to develop your project management skills?
This position is paying above award wages with the opportunity to transition from casual to permanent for the right candidate. It is for a minimum of 4 days per week working across Sunshine Coast and Moreton Bay region sites.
Candidates from the Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast regions are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the teams' daily on ground bush regeneration and revegetation works in accordance with contract specifications and directions from project coordinators.
- Provide clear leadership, promoting teamwork, environmental stewardship and work ethic.
- Contribute to long-term site management .
- Contribute to monitoring and reporting efforts, emphasizing the impact of vegetation management on project success and ecosystem health.
- Create and continue a culture of high standards of safety in the work place and work quality .
- Oversee and lead team of up to 6 bush regenerators.
- Supervise contractors working on site.
- Identify native and exotic vegetation.
- Conduct Weed control work using various methods including herbicide application.
- Site preparation for Revegetation.
- Monitoring site visits, including assessing and recording plant survival rates, establishing photo monitoring points and site reports.
- Maintain all tools, machinery and equipment.
- Daily reporting requirements, including details site reports.
- Reporting all WH&S onsite incidents and injuries to manager.
- Diploma or tertiary qualification in CAEM, Environmental Management/Science OR minimum 6 years' experience working in Bush Regeneration .
- High level of plant identification skills, knowledge of native and exotic vegetation, especially of the South East Queensland region.
- Current, valid Commercial operator's licence (ground application of herbicide) issued under the Agricultural and Chemical Distributions Control Act 1966.
- Construction Safety White Card.
- Passion for working outdoors and the native environment.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Chainsaw Certificate - Level 1 & 2.
- Tech proficiency on android platforms.
- Current driver's licence and own transport.
About Barung Landcare
Barung Landcare is a leading community organisation working to develop ethical solutions for a sustainable future. The organisation includes a well-established native nursery, diverse education and engagement program, and high-quality bush regeneration services. Barung Landcare is focused on protecting and regenerating the rich diversity of natural resources of the Blackall Range and surrounds.