ICT International is an ISO9001:2015 company that designs, develops and manufactures soil, plant and environmental sensors for research and commercial customers.
The Research and Development Manager is the connection between the sales, engineering and manufacturing teams, leading on the coordination between research and development activities and sales and marketing.
We are seeking a person who has excellent communication skills, a strong tertiary background, business experience and good people skills to work within the ICT International team. A team player, the Research and Development manager is responsible for working with internal and external engineers to develop new solutions and improve existing solution.
Working with the managing director, the R&D Manager is responsible for the development of new solutions driven by the scientific and commercial market.
This role requires the applicant to understand international research organisations (both commercial and government), across forestry, agriculture and other market verticals that require soil, plant and environmental science monitoring solutions.
About the position
The research and development manager is responsible for the following:
- Provision of advice on research and development project options.
- Develop and implement research projects, including the prioritisation and targeting of the projects to meet commercial requirements and government policy developments in both domestic and export markets.
- Monitoring of scientifically led developments globally in the soil, plant and environmental science disciplines.
- Monitoring of new market demands for existing products, and the subsequent development of these products into the solutions required to meet these demands.
- Recognising the product and service development opportunities from the outcomes of research projects.
- Provide regular reports to the Managing Director of research and development activities.
- The design and reporting of core experimental activities.
- Provide breakdown of costs for the Research and Development Tax Incentive.
- Production of internal white papers for the development of new research and development projects.
- Support the maintenance of the ISO9001:2015 Certification.
- Drive manufacturing and production efficiency through process design.
Selection Criteria/Required Skills Essential:
- 3+ years' previous experience in a:
- Similar agency or commercial company in the soil, plant and environment IoT sensor sector.
- Research and development role aligned with the responsibilities above.
- Experience of the use of Technology Readiness Levels for project management.
- A comprehensive knowledge of sensor based soil, plant and environmental measurement technologies and applications including:
- Knowledge/experience with the use and application of soil, plant and environmental science instrumentation.
- Knowledge/interest in instrumentation, electronics, data logging and loT platforms.
- Knowledge of university, industry and government cooperation in developing new technologies.
- Experience in ISO9001:2015 implementation, compliance and internal auditing.
- Proactive in supporting and encouraging staff training and development.
- Practical common sense.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- High level computer literacy skills.
- Proactive with advanced organisational ofﬁce skills and initiative.
- Cross-team working between all departments in ICT International.
- R or Python programming language skills.
- Working knowledge of Geographical Information Systems (GIS).
- Understand continual improvement through Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in an analytical field.
Salary Range: $85,000 to $100,000 per annum.
Type of position: Full time, permanent.
Place of employment: Armidale, NSW*.
*Note: this position is not suitable for remote working due to the need to interface with the whole company at their manufacturing facility.