Challis Enviro. is a company who have established themselves in the area of indigenous Bushland/Grassland Management, in Melbourne's outer west. We are dedicated to the protection, enhancement and expansion of indigenous vegetation.
We currently require a Bushland/Grassland Crew Member.
- Removal of noxious and environmental weeds from high bio-diversity bushland/grassland using herbicides and hand weeding methods.
- Large scale planting of indigenous plant cells and tube stock.
- Woody weed removal amongst riparian vegetation on steep rocky escarpments.
- Herbicide spraying.
- General labouring.
- Grass harvesting and herbaceous seed collection.
- Excellent understanding of bushland/grassland management.
- Excellent plant i.d. skills, both indigenous and weedy species.
- A thorough understanding of OH&S policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of herbicide rates and their application.
- And understanding of indigenous plant habit and habitat.
- A knowledge of revegetation and regeneration of indigenous plants.
- Experience with brush cutters, chainsaws and mini augers.
- Experience with backpack and rig spraying equipment.
- Experience with cutting and painting methods for woody weeds.
- General machinery and equipment maintenance.
- Diploma/Cert 3 in Conservation and Land Management or similar.
- Must have current manual drivers licence.
- Chemcert or equivalent.
- Senior first aid level 2.
The position requires a high level of physical fitness, as the job can be extremely demanding in all types of weather conditions. Applicants must be punctual and reliable with a good work ethic.
Challis Enviro offer excellent above award wages.
The role is offered as casual after a trial period, leading to full-time.