Sustainable Outdoors is a small Fremantle based environmental and landscaping business. Our main projects include landscape construction, waterwise verge gardens, irrigation and environmental weed control.
Sustainable Outdoors is seeking a suitably qualified or experienced person to fill the position of Environmental / Landscaping Field Technician within the business. We work outdoors across many varied environments from roadsides to riversides. At times, work can be very labour intensive however, we have a variety of work throughout most weeks, giving you the opportunity to use a variety of skills and learn new ones. We value people who can work well in a small team, use initiate and share our same passion for the environment.
We are offering either casual or permanent employment for the right person.
- Passionate about the environment and creating high quality landscape projects.
- Physically fit and capable of demanding outdoor work.
- Weed & Pesticide Licence.
- Landscaping construction and practices know-how can-do.
Current C Class Manual Driver's License.
- Ability to tow and reverse a trailer.
- White Card.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the flora of Western Australia.
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Ability to work Monday - Friday.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Cert III or Higher in Horticulture or Conservation Land Management essential.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Knowledge and experience in herbicide weed control in a bushland setting.
- Knowledge and experience in landscaping practices.
- Knowledge and experience in basic construction.
- Knowledge and experience in planting techniques and practices.
- Knowledge and experience in plant identification of Western Australian species.
- Knowledge and experience in installing Waterwise irrigation systems.
As works are off site the position requires a person who will represent Sustainable Outdoors in the public domain with clients and the general public.
- Environmental duties including taking part in weed control by applying herbicides and or hand weeding in bushland environments.
- Landscape construction duties including levelling and grading, soil improvement, installation of drip irrigation including the controller, mainlines and solenoids, mulching, species selection and planting, metal edging, timber edging and crushed gravel and compaction.
- Maintenance of work equipment, tools and presentation of vehicles.
- Around $30/hr depending on experience and skills.