We are a growing research company looking for an Extension Scientist who has a passion for communication and loves collaborating with researchers and Australian growers to create real world solutions in agriculture. If that sounds like you, read on!
About Cesar Australia
We are a small, independent research organisation passionate about doing good for the environment via practical science and sustainable solutions. Our team conducts research and extension across agriculture, conservation and biosecurity, working on a range of native and invasive animals. We take pride in producing innovative research that can be applied in the real-world, and is effectively communicated to end users.
Our core values are: scientific excellence, bring grit, love it & own it, trust yourself and each other, and do good for the environment.
This new Extension scientist position will be responsible for designing and delivering communication and extension offerings that support research adoption in agricultural industries, with a focus on sustainable management.
The position will be part of a team working to promote the application of Cesar Australia's research on topics such as insecticide resistance, integrated pest management and beneficial insects. We are looking for an exceptional communicator who is motivated by a fast-paced environment, can learn skills quickly and adapt with a positive attitude - no two days are the same, seriously!
This position is based in our lovely Brunswick office, with a small amount of time spent in rural Victoria and NSW delivering extension activities and working with growers and industry groups.
- Working as part of the extension team to understand the needs of end users and develop strategies to improve adoption of research.
- Design and delivery of extension activities such as: workshops, information videos, engaging articles, webinars, consultation groups and presentations at conferences and industry meetings.
- Collaboration with researchers to translate research on insecticide resistance and integrated pest management into practical tools and resources for agricultural industries.
- Making use of new technologies and extension best-practices to drive practice change and promote sustainable agriculture.
- Liaising with funding bodies and project collaborators to support launch of new agricultural extension initiatives.
- A degree in agriculture, entomology, natural resource management, environmental science or similar.
- Exceptional science communication skills and ability to translate complex scientific research for a range of audiences.
- A passion for sustainable agriculture and working with communities to develop practical management solutions.
- Experience in written communication and running workshops/events (preferably in an agricultural context).
- Ability to live and work in Australia. Unfortunately we cannot accept international applications at this time.
- Skills in agronomy, social science, agricultural economics, farm management or teaching/training.
- Previous industry experience working within agriculture (especially the grains industry, agrochemical industry) and integrated pest management.
- Knowledge of entomology including identification of agricultural pests.
- Experience in online or web-based communication techniques and social media.
- Full time, ongoing position with a competitive salary package.
- An innovative position supporting the agriculture sector and making a real impact every single day.
- A collaborative, flat structured team environment with people who truly love what they do.
- A fast paced and adaptable work environment where we're not afraid to take on new ideas and challenges.
- Ability to take ownership of your own projects.
- Regular social activities and celebrations.
- Individual, yearly learning & development budget.
- Flexible work arrangements, including remote working.