About the role
Biosphere Environmental Consultants is seeking to employ a Botanist to support our team on a range of exciting projects in north-eastern Australia. You'll collaborate with and support Biosphere's ecology team and draw on their knowledge of zoology, botany, microbiology, veterinary medicine, and social science. Your work will include flora survey, conservation, impact assessment and monitoring projects, across a broad range of ecosystems.
This is a full-time position, with flexible work arrangements available.
- Tertiary qualifications in ecology, botany, or similar field; post-graduate qualifications are not essential but will be viewed favourably.
- Minimum of three years of experience undertaking botanical surveys, preferably as a consultant.
- Satisfy the criteria for a suitably qualified person to co-ordinate and lead flora surveys in Queensland, in Table 1 of the Queensland Protected Flora Survey Guidelines – Protected Plants (essential).
- Experience with field survey design and implementation.
- Knowledge of Commonwealth and Queensland legislation relevant to native flora.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism and ability to learn quickly.
- Competent with computer applications such as Microsoft Office (required), GIS (e.g. QGIS) and statistical (experience with the ‘R’ software environment will be viewed favourably).
- ‘Manual’ driver licence (essential).
- Australian citizenship/residency, or a valid work permit (essential).
- Eager to support and mentor junior team members.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including when conducting botanical field surveys, and to travel to field locations throughout Queensland.
- Passionate team of scientists with expertise in environmental management, ecology and wildlife health.
- Supportive and inclusive company culture.
- Attractive remuneration package based on experience.
- Flexible work environment.
- Encouragement and support of professional development.
- Bonuses for high achievers.