The Armidale Tree Group is a not-for-profit organisation providing native tree planting and weed control services and native trees and shrubs for the wholesale and retail market. Established in 1983, our services extend across the New England North West of NSW.
We are looking for an experienced individual to coordinate and implement our environmental projects.
- Liaising with clients, managing and preparing detailed quotes and invoices based on site inspections and client requirements
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with partners and clients
- Coordinate the Field Officer and 3-4 field staff to deliver projects on time and on budget. This will require excellent organisational and time management and prioritisation skills, in order to allocate equipment/staff to job sites and manage delays caused by inclement weather
- Support operational efficiency through tracking of project expenditure and time
- Preparation and maintenance of project sites including:
- Solar/wind farms (large-scale weed control and planting for visual screening)
- Private landholders and Local Land Services (weed control and shelterbelt/habitat planting)
- National Parks (bush restoration)
Preparation and maintenance of these sites requires the use of our tractor, QuickSpray units, water trailers, 4WD utes, backpack sprayers and brushcutters.
Ideally, the successful applicant will possess the following:
- Project management skills
- Good relationship management skills
- Ability to plan and deliver on operational projects
- Aptitude for machinery and equipment
- Demonstrated experience in field-based works
- Knowledge or interest in Australian native vegetation, particularly the plant communities of the New England Tablelands