- Casual position 32-40hrs per week
- Level 3, Gardening & Landscape Award 2010
Habitat Support is currently seeking Bush Regenerators to join our dedicated on-ground team.
Habitat Support is a private contracting operation focused on the rehabilitation and management of natural areas. Based on the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, we service all areas within the Sunshine Coast region including Coastal and Hinterland.
Your position as Bush Regenerator will require you to perform but will not be limited to the following duties:
- Revegetation activities including site preparation, digging planting sites, planting trees, watering, mulching and fertilising trees.
- Bush regeneration activities including weed management.
- Following and implementing workplace health and safety procedures.
- Use of specialised equipment such as chainsaw, brushcutter, splatter gun, chemical backpacks, cut stump equipment and operation of a Quik Spray unit.
- Monitoring and maintaining plant and equipment.
- Liaising with Council officers, neighbours and general public.
- Any other tasks as required to suit the business of natural area management as directed by the Manager or your immediate supervisor.
- Minimum 2 years working in the field on ecological restoration projects
- CALM Certificate III or equivalent
- Commercial Operators license (ACDC)
- Construction White Card
- Current Chainsaw Certificate
- A current Driver’s licence and your own reliable transport.
Applications, which do not meet these requirements, will not be considered.
- Good plant identification skills relevant to south-east Queensland
- A strong work ethic
- The ability to work well within a team
- The ability to complete delegated tasks while working unsupervised
- Good communication skills
- Possess a high level of physical fitness
- Enjoy working outside (in all weather conditions)
- A genuine dedication and passion for the environment is required