Do you want to be part of the next exciting chapter of this hugely successful, rapidly expanding IoT Australian company in the water industry?
Want to make a difference with your life?
Water is a scarce resource and it’s only getting more challenging.
Australia is the driest continent and other countries face the same challenges as us. We are one of the market leaders for smart water monitoring solutions, from remote IOT devices to water software.
Our software solutions are used by consumers, industry and utilities, and capture data from water meters along with sensors in the environment.
We are looking for an energetic, experienced and passionate team player to join our quest to better manage water, here in Australia, and globally.
Taggle Systems has developed a Low Power Wide Area (LPWA) radio technology which offers low-cost, low-power long range communications for many types of sensors and instruments. Using this new technology, Taggle is deploying Australia's only dedicated m2m network to enable the cost-effective collection of data from thousands of IoT devices across very wide areas. The culture is one of high performance, intelligence and innovation within a flexible environment.
Taggle is embarking on a period of significant growth, and you could be part of this success. We are looking for an energetic, experienced and passionate team player to join our quest to better manage water, here in Australia and globally.
As Product Manager - Software you will report directly to the Chief Product Officer and be responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle of our software portfolio. This is a hands-on role where you will steer the marketing mix, with particular focus on requirements, driving usage and strategic direction of analytics.
As our solutions are end to end, you will work closely with our hardware engineering, IT, operations and external partners to ensure timely release management of software features, but also hardware as it relates to its use within the software systems.
Data is the key to saving water and future value-added services. You will work with customers to identify, validate and prove new water analytic solutions, using a range of data sources. You will leverage your curious and analytic approach paired with customer consultation to validate and solve customer water problems.
- End-to-End Product Management - drive the direction, planning, delivery, marketing and in-life optimization of our software products, including customer feedback, requirements and issues.
- Roadmap – own and build roadmaps based on strategy, customer, and data insights
- Customer insights – Maintain a deep understanding of the issues affecting customer / environment and key stakeholders distilling these into clear business problem statements. Translate that understanding in solution requirements, and educate stakeholders.
- Project Management - Project manage the various work streams of the product mix.
- Collaboration – work with the sales, customer and operations to refine the solutions and delivery
- Go to market – collaborating with Sales to drive the go-to-market throughout the organisation.
- Financials - manage product profitability and commercial success, including the business case.
- Requirements – oversee the requirements gathering processes, to ensure the discipline capture and implementation of requirements into features with comprehensive testing.
- Customer analytics – implement and track key metrics to manage the performance software.
- Competitor analysis – as an emerging market category, monitor existing competitors, possible new market entrants to understand their product offering, competitive positioning, segmentation and strategies to help grow our business
- Other responsibilities assigned by the business.
- Consultative problem solver, who maintains a deep understanding of product, client issues and environmental drivers.
- Lifelong learning mindset, with strong interest in intimately understanding water challenges/drivers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to work effectively across all stakeholders
- Willing to work closely with IT, Engineering and Partners to align and ensure successful implementation whilst minimising overlap of responsibilities;
- Ability to manage multiple projects, juggle priorities and deliver on tight deadlines.
- You are a curious, analytical, disciplined product leader with an entrepreneurial flair.
- Be comfortable with change and ambiguity and can creatively think on your feet to adapt;
- Proactive self-starting ownership attitude. Willing to seek out information and drive towards a successful outcome without specific direction, but aligned with the product and corporate vision;
- Analytical and data driven with high attention to detail and following issues through to completion;
- Able to work effectively across internal/external parties;
- Wanting to contribute towards building a business which is making a difference.
- Specific interest in water and positive social outcome.
- Bachelor's degree in technical, business or marketing field, with high academic achievement;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Product Management role in a B2B SaaS environment managing the full marketing mix/activities, with hands-on experience developing product requirements, overseeing development and testing.
- Proven ability to think strategically about a product and its positioning in a marketplace
- Solid working knowledge of office tools, SaaS development products, related technologies used in a B2B environment, including; MS Office, JIRA, GIS, SQL, BI & data transformation
- Hands-on experience planning projects and development activities with software team.
- Exceptional and proven written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present ideas and information in influential and compelling ways
- Ability to forge relationships and communicate with stakeholders at all levels, working effectively across functional groups & with minimal supervision.
- Flexible work style comfortable in a fast moving, highly energy and evolving environment
- Hands on experience with SQL in a data driven business
- MBA or master’s qualified or higher
- Relevant commercial and/or operations management experience in the Water/IOT/Data Industries.
By applying for this role, you agree to consent to Police and background checks for security purposes.