Based in Queensland and reporting to the Water Resources Section Leader, this role will see you working on some of the region’s largest transport projects locally but with a remit to contribute to, and provide technical leadership on, projects across the greater ANZ business and beyond.
While transport projects will provide a steady baseload of work, the Water Resources business provides services across many other markets such as mining, oil and gas, and public utilities to name a few and so appointment in this role provides many avenues for exposure and growth.
Key to success in this role will be proven technical surface water knowledge and leadership across major transport projects with experience delivering water resources projects across other markets.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Strong technical knowledge and proven experience in hydrologic and hydraulic assessments and flood/drainage design.
- Areas of strength might include; hydrologic and hydraulic modelling and analysis, 2D and or CFD hydraulic modelling (TUFLOW or similar), bridge, culvert and major traverse drainage design, minor transverse drainage design and longitudinal road drainage design, waterway design or mine water management assessment and design.
- Relevant Engineering degree (or equivalent) and RPEQ Accreditation
- Sound market knowledge, client relationships, and ability to find, bid, win, and deliver water resources projects.
- Ability and willingness to guide and mentor team members.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.