Reporting to: Inga Kulik, Director/Senior Ecologist and Project Manager
- To be the public face of Nature Advisory in the Melbourne office responsible for dealing with all incoming communication and enquiries
- To ensure the smooth running of key administrative functions of the company, with support from other staff, as required
- To ensure that financial data entry and invoicing is undertaken in a timely and efficient manner
- To provide assistance to other staff, as reasonably required
- Provide PA services to CEO and Directors
- Obtain quotes and book services using external service providers (e.g. insurance, vehicles, flights, etc.)
- To update website as required
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greeting visitors in a professional and positive manner and alerting staff to visitor arrival
- Prompt answering of telephones and transfer calls to appropriate personnel
- Taking phone messages, including accurate details of caller and call-back numbers and emailing messages to relevant personnel
- Deal with any emails that may come through to the enquiries email, respond personally to job requests beyond the company’s service provision, and forward appropriate job requests on to Project Managers.
- Overseeing reception area and maintain a professional appearance of the office
- Handling of meeting refreshments, if necessary
- Ensuring other staff are aware they must answer phones when you are away from your desk for extended periods of time
Data Entry and Finances
- Entering and payments received (cheques) into Xero.
- Financial and other data entry as required 9including purchases)
- Accounts Receivable processing – entering sales tickets, billing customers, receiving and applying payments.
- Coordinate bank deposits and perform bank reconciliation.
- Check all expense claims ongoing in Receiptbank, including ensuring claims are legitimate. Once checked make any adjustments as necessary, mark as approved. Upload the CSV file for processing in Xero.
- Prepare Payables Reconciliation Summary for suppliers (fortnightly) and forward on to IK for payment
- Update spreadsheet with credit card transactions
- Coordinate with the bookkeeper
- Reconciling rental cars and road toll invoices/statements – monthly
- Maintain full records of hire car movements and ensure we are only charged for what we asked for and used
- Ensure all communications with clients in relation to late payments of invoices are recorded in Scoro comments section.
- Ensure that late payers (debtors) are followed up for payment. (aim for less than 5% of receivables beyond 90 days; No more than 10% beyond 60 days), with assistance from others, where required.
Office-based administration and project duties
- Collect mail from PO Box 337, Camberwell (twice per week) – and refer on to the relevant staff member
- Undertake timely banking of cheques and posting of mail
- Maintain spreadsheet of incoming and outgoing mail
- Record and distribute minutes of meetings, as required
- Maintain Petty Cash float (used for the purchase of general office requirements, postage etc)
- Booking and arranging vehicles – local (Budget Richmond & Camberwell) and interstate (Hertz/Thrifty) and updating these requirements in Scoro, monitoring and accommodating any changes to requirements as they arise
- Arranging alternate vehicle hire bookings and pickup locations as required
- Ensure vehicle usage and incident reports are recorded appropriately and communicated with hire companies in a timely manner
- Ensure that staff put the keys for Budget vehicles in the basement key drop box at the end of the hire period
- Booking and arranging flights
- Provide support for management’s information and electronic file transfer requests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor office supply levels and reorder when required, purchase supplies and equipment as authorized.
- Purchasing of any other items required for the office including tea, coffee, toiletries etc
- Maintain the kitty for milk and other costs.
- Ensure that the print station is stocked (e.g. with paper and toner) and operational (i.e. contact Kyocera for repairs/maintenance if required)
- Monitoring requirements for, and ordering staff uniforms
- Update Nature Advisory Equipment Allocation Register – making sure that all the relevant equipment is returned when an employee cease’s employment with Nature Advisory
- Booking of courses/conferences etc as requested
- Order business cards, uniforms and other equipment as required by staff
- Update telephone contact lists for staff
- Update staff contact details (addresses, qualifications etc) in current staff details spreadsheet in the ‘Staff’ folder
- Arrange couriers as required
- Arrange printing of reports (Advantage Copying) as directed by PM’s where necessary
- Notify possible job applicants regarding employment with Nature Advisory and send relevant email
- Ensure regular liaison about administrative matters with IK
- Arrange for server log-in, email accounts and relevant User ID for all new staff.
- Arrange advertisements in the media for a range of purposes, as required
- Arrange staff functions, where required
- Ensure any building maintenance is arranged promptly with the building owner/manager and appropriately charged for on our rent invoice.
- Respond to client/third party requests for reports and information with the approval of the relevant project managers, unless the report has the name of the requesting party on it.
- Respond to requests for insurance certificates.
- To update website as required
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Personal Assistant to CEO and Directors
- Set-up Staff Annual Reviews
- Scheduling diary appointments and meetings (external and internal) and reminding the Director of these
- Taking and passing on phone messages for the Directors when they are unavailable
- Ensuring that such requests are passed promptly to the Directors
- Booking flights and accommodation for interstate meetings, as required
- Assisting in the collation and review of job applicants and in responding to applicants
- Assisting in preparations for marketing presentations
- Ensure timely response to requests from recipients for changes/corrections to invoices and recording this in the comments section in Scoro.
- Work as a productive team member and enhance teamwork as a key value of Nature Advisory
- Support field and managerial staff to ensure smooth running of project activities
- Always act with integrity, honesty and enthusiasm
- Show respect other team members and clients and help develop a respectful, congenial and supportive culture
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills
- High levels of organisation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Experience with Scoro, Xero and Receiptbank / Dext or similar business software
- Excellent interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, and a proven ability to be a team player
- Formal qualifications in business administration or a related field, or progress toward these would be desirable.