About the company:
C&R Ryder Consulting specialises in arboricultural consultancy to municipalities, government departments and large civil/infrastructure projects. We are currently project arborists for the Metro Tunnel, several major road projects as well as preferred suppliers to various Melbourne metro and regional Victorian councils. We do not focus on writing small development reports for town planning submissions.
We provide consultancy and advice, forensic investigations and peer review services. We are based in Melbourne's eastern suburbs, service all of Victoria and interstate.
About the role:
We are seeking graduate and experienced, self-motivated and enthusiastic consultants to join our company. The role will be a full-time position. Depending on your level of experience, primary duties will include:
- Tree assessment and data collection in parks, streets, schools, public and private properties
- Communicating with clients and stakeholders
- Management and completion of large projects
- Arboricultural investigations & expert witness
- Project arborist and on-site supervision developing and implementing tree management plans
- Assessment of trees in accordance with AS2303-2018.
- Preparation of arboricultural reports for a range of clients
The successful candidate will receive ongoing training and mentoring with the option to attend industry conferences, workshops and additional formal qualifications as required or desired.
Necessary skills include:
- Excellent report writing skills and written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of the Victorian Planning Scheme and experience interpreting tree related controls and policies
- Ability to work as a team and singularly managing own time and resource
- Have excellent work ethics, be self-motivated, enthusiastic and have attention to detail
- Excellent tree identification
- Detailed knowledge of arboricultural standards, AS2303-2018, AS and AS4373-2007
- Computer proficiency with MS Office suite of products, databases and CAD or GIS platforms
- Driver's license
- Understanding of OH&S practices
- Ability to travel for up to 1 week at a time
Desirable skills include:
- Experience as a climbing arborist
- Experience acting as an expert witness
- Experience managing large projects
- CPR & first aid
- Construction industry induction (Red/White Card)
- EWP license
- QTRA and/or TRAQ qualification
- Working With Children Check
- Minimum AQF level 5 Arboriculture or equivalent (complete or in progress).
- Candidates with a tertiary qualification in a relevant field of horticulture, forestry, ecology or resource management are preferred.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Package negotiable and commensurate to the successful applicant's skills and experience.
- Flexible working hours.