Ecology and Heritage Partners Pty Ltd is an established consultancy with a highly experienced ecological and cultural heritage team. The Company works throughout Australia for a range of Government agencies and corporate clients. We currently have offices in Melbourne, Geelong, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra and Sydney.
We are seeking to appoint a leading professional who has the experience and 'know how' to autonomously manage a range of exciting and challenging projects in the ACT and NSW, across a variety of sectors and industries including government, property, renewable energy, linear infrastructure (road, rail and pipelines), water mining and extractive industries.
This role requires you to be technically accomplished with several years experience in the design and implementation of detailed field investigations, for various sized projects. You will preferably have an established reputation in the local market.
Working closely with the Company Directors and the Senior Leadership Group, you will be expected to drive Company Standards, as well as focussing on quality and timeliness of deliverables.
To be successful you will have:
- The ability and drive to build strong client relationships through effective communication skills, technical proficiency and strong project management capabilities
- Tertiary qualification, preferable a degree or post graduate degree in environmental science (zoology, entomology, botany, ecology), natural resource management, or related discipline.
- A minimum 10-15 years practical experience undertaking field based surveys and managing productive and dynamic teams, preferably in an ecological consulting capacity or similar (either with Government or the private sector).
- Membership of the Environment Institute or Australia and New Zealand would be an advantage
- Professional recognition as a Certified Environmental Practitioner Ecology Specialist would be highly regarded
- A person with NSW Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM) Accreditation would be preferred.
- Practical application of how to apply environmental legislation and government policy such as the EPBC Act.
- An understanding of NSW and ACT environmental protection, planning, biodiversity conservation and biosecurity laws and policies would be necessary
- Demonstrated ability to prepare ecological reports such as ecological impact assessments (EES, EIAs)
- Specialist knowledge of one or more list threatened species would be beneficial
- Proven experience in project management, client development, and developed leadership skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and to maintain and build a professional profile in the industry.
- Experience in business and client development, sales and marketing.
- Other non-technical skills including high level of computer literacy, strong work ethic, willingness to go the extra yard.
- Current Drivers License and capacity to work outdoors essential.
You will also have excellent time management capability and be prepared to work flexible hours, with a willingness to travel to field locations throughout Australia.
As a senior consultant you will be willing to share your knowledge and learn from others, enjoy being part of our dynamic team, and be passionate about making a positive contribution toward biodiversity conservation in Australia.
The position provides a flexible work environment with ongoing support from the Company Directors, the Senior Leadership Team, support staff and external consultants.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, based on qualifications, skills and experience.
What We Offer You
Company benefits include:
- A positive and supportive office culture which values people as their greatest asset
- Passionate and technically experienced staff
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience with added benefits including gifted leave (between Boxing Day and the New Years Eve), Birthday leave (if it falls on a work day), allowances for overnight stays, social club and wellbeing initiatives.
- A flexible work environment
- Discretionary bonus
- Professional development opportunities around career and networking