About the Role:
Teach Conservation and Land Management as well as other related courses. Organise and deliver theory, practical, flexible and field based classes in specialist Conservation and Land Management Studies subject areas including Land Management Planning, Conducting Biological Surveys, Natural Area Restoration, Collect and Classify Plants.
- Teach approved recurrent and industry programs including Certificate to Diploma of Conservation and Land Management program
- Liaise with other staff, industry personnel and employers
- Identify requirements for staff development and participating in staff development activities
- Assist in the development and delivery of Conservation and Land Management programs
- Participate in activities related to the delivery of programs, ie. Field trips
- Provide interim and annual reports of student results
- Selecting and assessment of intending students
Key Selection Criteria:
- A Degree, Diploma or Certificate relevant in both content and academic level and industry experience relevant to the Land Conservation Industry.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Ability to take a role in the effective operation and co-ordination of Land Conservation courses
- Ability to teach and facilitate delivery of specialist Land Conservation subjects and related courses to groups which may have a diverse range of abilities, backgrounds, and readiness. Ability to use a variety of teaching modes and materials including flexible and field-based delivery. Excellent machinery operation skills essential
- A thorough knowledge of current industry practices and procedures with a demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain liaisons within the Land Conservation Industry
What we offer:
- Dynamic work environment
- Great supportive team culture
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for independent and confidential counselling
- Ongoing learning and professional development opportunities
Payment is at the rate of:
- $72.27 per hour for Casual Teaching -Certificate IV qualified
- $75.12 per hour for Casual Teaching-Diploma or equivalent (AQF5) teacher training qualified.
- $78.08 per hour for Casual Teaching-AQF6 teacher training qualified
Salary is based on the Victorian TAFE Teaching Staff Agreement 2018 and the appropriate qualifications and experience.
Melbourne Polytechnic promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people.
Melbourne Polytechnic encourages Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ+ and from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this job, with age being no barrier.