- Permanent Part-Time (2.5 days per week) - Subject to funding with potential to expand the role
- Remuneration: $52,000/year - $65,000/year pro rata depending on experience (out of pocket expenses covered where travel etc is necessary)
OzFish Unlimited is a national fishing conservation charity established to improve the health of our rivers, lakes and estuaries. It is a member-based organisation dedicated to making our fishing grounds healthy, vibrant and more productive. Our active work nationally includes; river resnagging, riverbank planting, clean-ups, fish passage remediation, shellfish reef and saltmarsh restoration, citizen science projects as well as community capacity building.
OzFish is seeking an energetic Project Officer for our team based in Hobart, Tasmania.
Working with the OzFish HQ team and numerous OzFish volunteer chapters based across Australia, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in project delivery in a diverse range of fish habitat projects in the local area, including field work and events.
- Resourcing local projects including; applying for funding, approaching businesses and stakeholders for support and fundraising.
- Providing desktop support to fish habitat restoration projects across Australia, permits, mapping, species lists, budgeting and reporting.
- Engaging fishers in OzFish activities
- Communication and promotion of OzFish activities (including regular social media interactions)
- General administrative support for projects
- Expect weekly local travel and some travel across Australia will be necessary
We are looking for someone enthusiastic about fish and fishing who wants to make a difference to
aquatic environments. Key skills;
- Background study in Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science or similar
- Demonstrated understanding of marine and aquatic environments and their threats, especially in Tasmania.
- Willingness to engage the community and manage volunteers, past experience beneficial
- Experience in community communication and promotion, especially through social media
- Willingness to travel, current drivers licence and suitable vehicle for local travel.
It would be a bonus if you had;
- Environmental restoration project management experience
- Experience in collaborating with organisations to achieve joint outcomes.
- Strong connections to the local recreational fishing community