About the Role
Melbourne Polytechnic is looking to employ casual teachers to work within a fun and dynamic team.
Working within the Agriculture & Animal Studies department you will have the opportunity to work alongside like-minded colleagues to shape the next generation of Conservation & Land Management students.
- Teach approved recurrent and industry programs including Certificate to Diploma of Conservation and Land Management program
- Liaise with other staff, industry personnel and employers
- Identify requirements for staff development and participating in staff development activities
- Assist in the development and delivery of Conservation and Land Management programs
- Participate in activities related to the delivery of programs, ie. Field trips
- Provide interim and annual reports of student results
- Conduct field research into natural and cultural resources
- First People’s Cultural Heritage experience
- Fauna survey experience; trapping reptiles and mammals.
- Management Plan experience
- Ecological burns and Fire experience
Key Selection Criteria:
- A Degree, Diploma or Certificate relevant in both content and academic level and industry experience relevant to the Land Conservation Industry.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Ability to take a role in the effective operation and co-ordination of Land Conservation courses
- Ability to teach and facilitate delivery of specialist Land Conservation subjects and related courses to groups which may have a diverse range of abilities, backgrounds, and readiness.
- Ability to use a variety of teaching modes and materials including flexible and field based delivery. Excellent machinery operation skills essential
For a full list of duties and Key Selection Criteria please refer to the Position Description below.
What we offer:
- Dynamic work environment
- Great supportive team culture
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for independent and confidential counselling
- Ongoing learning and professional development opportunities
- $72.27 per hour for Casual Teaching -Certificate IV qualified
- $75.12 per hour for Casual Teaching-Diploma or equivalent (AQF5) teacher training qualified.
- $78.08 per hour for Casual Teaching-AQF6 teacher training qualified
Salary is based on the Victorian TAFE Teaching Staff Agreement 2018 and the appropriate qualifications and experience.
Melbourne Polytechnic promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people.
Melbourne Polytechnic encourages Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ+ and from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this job, with age being no barrier.