Ten Rivers are currently seeking to engage an experienced Environmental Project Officer to join their Darwin team. The Environmental Projects Officer is responsible for supporting the delivery of land management projects as well as support the Ten Rivers Manager and Regional Manager in providing advice on land management through the provision of accurate data, advice on management strategies and planning of the implementation of work activities for delivery. It also supports HSEQ, risk management and compliance, business development, customer service and marketing and communication functions across the business.
Primary Responsibilities and Key Deliverables
- Development of project plans for the delivery of land management activities
- Data collection, provision and/or analysis to support strategies for projects
- Provide advice on environmental and land management methodologies
- Enhance program delivery with innovations in environmental risk management programs
- Input into tender development and solutions for client proposals
- Develop and implement strategies to promote continuous improvement and cost effectiveness of work by the service delivery team
- Conduct and coordinate field work activities as required
- Support the implementation of the CRM, HSE, quality, risk management and compliance and information technology systems
- Support a knowledge management system that ensures the capture and sharing of project information and learning throughout the Ten Rivers business
- Deliver training and inductions as required
- General administration facilitation and support
- Actively participate in the Performance and Development Review process, ensuring alignment to the performance pillars - Perform, Grow, Develop and Innovate.
- Carry out all work activities upholding the Company values of Integrity, Ingenuity, Collaboration and Challenge.
- Positively contribute to a diverse, inclusive and fair work environment, free from discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- Carry out all duties in line with Company policies and procedures as amended from time to time.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Relevant tertiary or postgraduate qualification in Environmental Management, Natural Resources or Horticulture
- Demonstrated experience in program or project management
- Demonstrated experience in business systems including safety, environment, quality and risk management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced information technology skills
- Travel, both local and interstate maybe required
Risk, Health, Safety, Quality and Environment
- Driving excellent Risk and HSEQ performance within the Contract/Business Unit
- Comply with Broadspectrum’s Risk Management, Quality Assurance and Health, Safety and Environment management systems, including statutory obligations.
- Consistently deliver excellent Risk and HSEQ results.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities in processes or systems
- Drives for zero harm and relentlessly pursues safety.
- Acts as a role model for a positive HSE culture in the workplace; encourage people managers and team leaders in his/her business unit to do the same.
Key working relationships
The incumbent holds key working relationships with:
- National Operations Manager
- Fire Ecology and Management Specialist
- Regional Land Management teams
- GIS & Spatial Data Manager
- HSE, Quality and Risk Coordinators
Please note as this role will require you to have access to Defence Bases in the NT - You must be an Australian Citizen.