The Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment - Invasive Species Unit, has engaged NRM North to assist local governments in the Northern Region of Tasmania to improve the levels of responsible cat ownership through implementation of the Tasmanian Cat Management Plan.
NRM North is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person who will have the following skills and experience:
- knowledge and expertise, or the capacity to acquire a well-developed knowledge and expertise related to the management of domestic, stray or feral cats, or similar animal management issues and an understanding of the issues related to cats;
- well-developed knowledge and expertise, or the capacity to acquire a well-developed knowledge and expertise of the legislation and policies associated with the management of cats, the impacts that cats can have and how that legislation and policy instruments can be applied to improve the management of cats;
- strong communications and interpersonal skills including liaison, negotiation, stakeholder engagement, and conflict resolution skills, and ability to develop awareness and education programs along with written and electronic media that can promote responsible cat ownership;
- good organisational skills to enable the coordination and management of a variety of tasks at the same time and the planning and accurate completion of tasks within pre-determined time frames;
- well-developed conceptual and reasoning skills to be able to research, investigate, analyse, and integrate information and solutions from a range of disciplines or fields to facilitate and improve project outcomes;
- commitment to human resource management issues with attention to workplace health and safety, risk assessment and incident reporting, employment equity and anti-discrimination practices and principles;
- proven ability to operate effectively both within a team and independently; and
- current motor vehicle driver’s license.
A copy of the position description and lodging requirements can be obtained from NRM North’s website www.nrmnorth.org.au/positions-vacant
For any queries please contact Denise Colvin, Administration Coordinator on 03 6333 7777 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications addressing the selection criteria should be submitted to NRM North no later than COB (5pm) on Tuesday, February 20, 2018.