Biik Environmental is a natural resource management service wholly owned by the Taungurung Land and Waters Council (TLaWC), the corporate representative of the Taungurung people. Biik's vision is to ensure that Taungurung people are self-determining in the care of healthy Country. To do this, Biik Environmental practices cultural land management: reading, healing and caring for Country.
The position is to deliver a number of Biocultural programs that are guided by the Cultural Land Management strategy. This role will be supported by the Biocultural Diversity program manager to ensure programs align with TLaWC's strategic and cultural objectives.
Status: Full time (1 year fixed term, potential extension)
Benefits to working with TLaWC:
- Paid days off over the Christmas period.
- NFP Salary sacrifice benefits.
- Additional tax-free salary packaging on dining and accommodation expenses.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Access to free and confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Contributing to useful and rewarding work and giving back to the community.
- Undertake general Natural Resource Management activities such as flora and fauna monitoring and management. For example, feral animal management and participation in fire activity.
- On Country biocultural management activities including supporting the Reading Country (Alpine) program including data collection and monitoring of cultural and Western science values in alpine and sub-alpine environments and other places as required to further TLaWC's strategic and cultural objectives regarding Alpine country.
- Logistic and operational support for broader biocultural program activities including both Reading Country (Alpine) and NRM activities to heal Country in an Alpine Environment.
- Collation and processing of field data.
- Act with integrity as a part of a cohesive team, upholding TLaWC and Biik Environmental values.
- Comply with all safety policies, procedures and work instructions to support a safe work environment for all staff.