- 4 Positions available across Vic / NSW / QLD / TAS (flexible location).
- Key roles supporting the climate change strategy for the dairy industry.
- 3 Year Fixed Term Contracts | Competative salaries including fully maintained vehicle.
About Dairy Australia:
Dairy Australia is the national services body for the Australian dairy industry. Our purpose is to support the profitability and sustainability of dairy farming. We do this by providing services that collectively benefit and advance dairy farm businesses and the industry, including investment in research and innovation, learning and capability development, marketing, policy research, market insights and trade development. We support dairy farming in eight regions nationally:
- Western Victoria.
- Murray Darling.
- South Australia.
- West Australia.
- Subtropical NSW and Queensland
- Coastal, central and southern NSW.
Our Vision and Values:
At Dairy Australia, our vision is simple, to be leaders in shaping a profitable and sustainable dairy industry. Our passionate and talented people share this vision and make an impact each day through their commitment to our values of:
- Farmer First - Farmer needs guide our purpose.
- One Team - We work together to achieve great things.
- Innovative Thinking - We embrace new ideas and learning as we go.
- Decisive Action - We make informed decisions and move quickly to implement.
About the Role:
To realise our vision, it is essential we provide effective leadership and support to the dairy industry and deliver innovative, well planned and collaborative regional extension and education activities in dairy regions. Joining our Regional Services team in this 3 year Fixed-Term contract, you will work collaboratively with regional and national networks to deliver our Climate Change Strategy. This will include working closely with our National Climate and Energy Lead, the National Soils and Irrigation Lead, Regional Extension Officers, dairy farmers, natural resource management (NRM) agencies, government and advisors. Here are some examples of where you will make an impact:
- Lead on-ground implementation of Dairy Australia's Climate Change Strategy, and Soils, Nutrients and Irrigation programs, supporting Greenhouse Gas Emission reduction on farms.
- Contribute to the development and lead delivery of extension and farm practice change programs, aligned to priorities and industry targets, in your area of expertise within your region and nationally.
- Working as part of the regional and national teams, coordinate and implement plans and activities to ensure regional extension and education delivery facilitates practice change on farm.
- Collaborate on the development, planning and delivery of national Climate, Soil and Irrigation projects.
- Coordinate, deliver and report on Climate, Soil and Irrigation projects, including roll out of national programs.
- Member of national climate/water/soils/energy champions cohort.
- Contribute to policy analysis in climate, energy, soils and water.
- Key connection into regional Drought and Innovation Hubs.
- Link with regional partners/networks collaborating on climate projects.
- Communicate information between farmers, the regional Board, Dairy Australia, key stakeholders and service providers including gathering feedback, passing on information and reporting.
- Engage and connect people to ensure extension and education activities function well, people have valid and timely information, and networks are strong and effective.
Our ideal candidate
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect and welcome applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Ideally you are degree qualified in a relevant field of science or engineering with significant technical expertise and practical experience in one or more of:
- Climate risk assessment and adaptation.
- Soil health, nutrient management and carbon farming.
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Water efficiency, water management and irrigation.
You will also ideally have experience in the development, implementation and delivery of education and practice change programs with the ability to provide technical input into sustainability strategies and policy analysis. Experience in dairy farming and agriculture is an advantage but not a requirement. You will have an opportunity to learn about the industry and apply your existing skills into region and farm specific situations.
Just as important is your initiative and enthusiasm for:
- Building Relationships: you thrive on interacting with multiple stakeholders, establish rapport easily and impress people with your ability to tailor your communication to their needs.
- Communicating Information: you convince people, challenge ideas and appropriately articulate information to your audience with strong attention to detail.
- Showing Resilience: you convey self-confidence, demonstrate composure and resolve conflicts as they arise.
- Giving Support: you understand people and value individuals, you work well as part of a team.
- Evaluating Problems: you examine information thoroughly, document facts and can interpret data.
- Providing Leadership: you make timely informed decisions and empower others.
About your work life with us
We aim to provide benefits that promote the overall wellbeing of our employees. In joining our team, you will be rewarded with:
- Flexible working environment - work from a Dairy Australia office and your home office, on the road visiting stakeholders, as well as connecting with your colleagues and stakeholders virtually.
- Being a key member in our supportive and high performing team of experts in their field.
- A caring and innovative culture -we are open to each other's ideas, we love to innovative, we have integrity and are driven to find the best solutions for our employees and stakeholders.
- Fully maintained vehicle.
- Salary packaging.