Network Technical Officer
- Work for a business dedicated to the Canberra community.
- Remuneration: $105,680 to $128,849 plus 15 % super.
- Ongoing, Full-Time opportunity.
Icon Water's Network Operations team have an exciting opportunity for a proactive individual with sound analytical and problem-solving skills to join us as our Network Technical Officer.
In this role, you will be responsible for the operation, monitoring and control of the bulk water and trunk sewer distribution networks for the ACT region including provision of technical support.
A day in the life...
- Coordinate access to the water and wastewater networks, including permits, isolation planning and site attendance where required.
- Collaborate with network operators to deliver operation, monitoring and control of wastewater network in the ACT Region with an efficient and minimal cost approach, whilst balancing business needs.
- Provide advice and technical information to network operators and business stakeholders in the operation and performance of the wastewater network.
- Preparation of weekly reports on trunk sewer network operation.
- Provide expert operational response & support to incidents and emergencies that impact the wastewater network.
- Participate in the on-call roster for after-hours operation, providing support to field crews and water treatment operators in the monitoring and control of the bulk, distribution and reticulation water network.
For more information on the duties and responsibilities, please refer to the position description (see below).
To succeed in this role, you:
- Possess a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent experience, training or accreditation.
- Possess demonstrated skills and experience in the operation of water and wastewater assets, water distribution networks and sewage collection and transfer networks or similar, including an ability to operate computer-based SCADA systems.
- Possess analytical skills including proficiency in computer-based office systems.
- Possess proven and extensive experience in the undertaking of technical studies, performance and condition assessment as they relate to the wastewater network.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent technical communication skills to a broad range of audiences and including incident management situations.
- Possess an understanding of Environmental, WHS and Quality regulatory frameworks and how these requirements influence the operation of a wastewater network.
Icon Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.