Do you share our passion?
Ausecology is owned by ecologists for ecologists who like doing ecology. We are a leading consulting and offsetting specialist working on exciting projects using the latest innovations and technology.
Our team is expanding, and we're looking for experienced terrestrial ecologists to join our team. If you are a senior ecologist, looking for a new challenge on exciting projects, your new adventure starts with a company that:
- Has a respected track record for project delivery.
- Has a strong client base.
- Is a hands on ecology company undertaking meaningful work.
- Works on interesting projects in amazing locations.
- Offers professional development opportunities.
- Provides support, empowerment and values innovation and technology.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
Bring your creativity, collaboration, mentoring spirit and attention to detail, and we'll help you grow, pursue and fulfil what drives you - so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
You have a passion for applying ecological knowledge in complex situations.
You are technically accomplished with several years of experience in designing and implementing detailed field investigations for various sized projects.
To be successful, you will have:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a field-based ecologist role.
- Tertiary qualifications in ecology/botany/environmental management or related discipline.
- Experience with flora and fauna surveys, protected plant surveys, biosecurity surveys, biocondition assessments, regional ecosystem delineation.
- Motivation to proactively contribute to a team environment, share knowledge, skills and ideas.
About the Role:
This opportunity is a permanent full-time role. However, for the right candidate, flexibility is available.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering biodiversity values and constraints assessments, rehabilitation monitoring, biodiversity surveys, impact and offset assessments and ecological management plans.
- Collaborating with the broader environment team and contributing to ecology projects in other states.
- Preparation of technical reports and proposals.
- Coordinate and manage project schedules, budgets, resources and project delivery.
- Provide environmental impact assessment expertise for various client/project requirements.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Undertake/lead ecological assessments.
- Apply and provide Commonwealth, State and Local Government environmental legislation advice.
We will offer you:
- A competitive remuneration package that reflects capability and experience
- Plus working away from home daily allowance .
- Plus all travel expenses paid (accommodation, travel, meals etc).
- Plus super.
- Flexible and diverse work environment.
- A supportive team that will empower you and provide room for innovation.
- A range of benefits, including professional development training and salary sacrifice.
- Paid birthday off to celebrate your passion.
- Paid full day end-of-year party, a highlight of the social calendar.
- Safety conscience company (ISO accredited in Safety, Quality and Environment).
To be eligible to apply, you must have the right to work in Australia and all applicants who can be safely vaccinated for COVID-19, to be so.