About the role
Ventia have provided Parks & Roadsides Maintenance services to the Mornington Peninsula Shire for over 2 decades. To support this we are seeking a 2IC for our Fire Management Crew.
We are seeking an a natural leader who will strive to deliver exceptional results for the Shire and it's community.
- Lead by personal example and communicate all relevant information clearly to team members.
- Ensure works are carried out with minimal disturbance to the environment and disruption to the community.
- Assist in the development and implementation of works.
- Be able to respond in a timely manner to any client and/or customer emergency situation during all hours as required.
- Assist in the induction and training of new or relocated employees.
- Assist in the day-to-day running of works, including the allocation and monitoring of works.
- Previous experience in a team leader/supervisor position within the Industry.
- Tertiary qualification (i.e. minimum certificate III) in Conservation land Management or equivalent field.
- Experience/ability in report writing & basic accounting.
- Experience and understanding in using Microsoft Office suite of programs, i.e. Excel and Word as well as Email.
- Construction Induction Card (White Card/Red Card).
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence (Manual).
- Level 2 Work Place First Aid Certification.
- Farm Chemical Users Certification.
- Level 1 Chainsaw Certifications (cross-cut or maintain chainsaws).
- Road Traffic Control Certification.
We acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.