- Work for an industry leader.
- Strong safety culture.
- Supportive Team working environment.
At Acacia Environmental Management, we employ people who have a strong passion and respect for the natural environment and its conservation. We provide sensitive weed control and revegetation services that aim to enhance indigenous vegetation in the Greater Melbourne region.
Due to staff changes and considerable growth in our business we are seeking to appoint an Estimator on a full time basis. The role will work alongside our leadership team and will be responsible for forecasting and estimating projects including factors such as labour costs, materials, and budget risks.
About the role:
Located in St Andrews (Melbourne) and reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for:
- Understanding the project/program of works and its detailed requirements (labour costs, supply costs, materials, on costs).
- Determining key variables for cost and other estimates as per Acacia's profitability modelling.
- Gathering first-hand information from sites, or direct from the client to assess and estimate the work accurately.
- Preparing accurate estimates for projects by analyzing similar projects and financial metrics.
- Providing knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions.
- Creating 'go/no go' spreadsheets and analysis on each opportunity.
- Performing other risk analysis as instructed using in-house software for forecasting and budgeting.
- Creating and submitting estimate reports, bids, or fee proposals to the Managing Director for approval.
- Gathering quotes from suppliers.
- Building relationships with key clients and potential clients (subcontractors, suppliers, council).
- Ascertaining the clients needs and scope of project accurately.
- Take responsibility for ensuring safety and quality care is delivered to clients in line with Acacia's policies and procedures.
Experience and qualifications
You will bring with you:
- 3-5 years industry experience operating as an estimator.
- Good experience working alongside stakeholders in both the public and private sector.
- Relevant trade/construction knowledge (preferred).
- Proven communication skills (oral, written, presentation) including negotiating and influencing skills and the ability to work with a variety of people internally and externally.
Skills & attributes
We are looking for someone who has the following skills and attributes:
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of estimating projects preferably as they relate to the environment and conservation industry.
- Financially savvy with a high degree of numerical proficiency.
- Accurate report writing and attention to detail.
If you previously applied, please note we were experiencing some technical problems and may not have received your resume. Therefore we encourage any previous applicants to re-apply!
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.