West Tamar Council comprises a premier wine and lifestyle region on the back of the Tamar River. We have a current population of 22,740 and a range of areas from one of Tasmania's fastest growing towns, Legana, to stunning beaches and communities such as Badgers Head, Kelso and Clarence Point. We adjoin our regional centre, City of Launceston and have a strong economy and building industry.
We seek the services of a Regional Climate Change Program Manager within our Corporate Services Department. The successful candidate will need to satisfy the following selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science, engineering, planning or similar discipline.
- At least 3-5 years relevant experience in climate adaptation and mitigation planning and response, environment, sustainability or other relevant discipline (s).
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to lead collaborative projects with a sound understanding of project governance and project management principles.
- Experience developing and maintaining collaborative relationships and building networks to achieve environmental or local government outcomes.
- Ability to communicate with influence and demonstrated high level written and presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex issues and ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to critically analyse local government systems, policies and processes to identify opportunities for Climate Change adaptation.
- Essential to hold and continue to hold a current drivers licence; and
- Desirable to have local government experience in Tasmania.