Kick-start your career with industry leaders, Midway. Take the chance to apply your technical learning and get hands-on experience while working alongside experienced and skilled professionals. Join the next generation of managers who'll shape the future of the forestry industry. Grow with the leaders; apply today.
Midway is an export and forestry company involved in plantation ownership and management, processing and marketing forest products. We are currently seeking an Environment and Systems Officer to join the Technical Services team in Geelong.
The Environment and Systems Officer position offers:
- Invaluable hands-on, practical experience.
- Exciting, challenging and fulfilling role.
- Contribute from day one with responsibilities in a dynamic team to challenge and develop your skills.
Reporting to the Group Environment and Chain of Custody Manager, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting the development and implementation of Environmental Management Plans across the Midway group, including maintenance of documents and systems to ensure compliance with corporate, statutory, and legislative requirements.
- Contributing to the implementation and management of certifications under FSC® and Responsible Wood through development of documents, procedures, internal audits and internal and external communications.
- Facilitating the development and delivery of training and awareness programs for staff and contractors.
- Assisting in the collection and analysis of data to support ongoing internal and external reporting requirements including Midway Group Sustainability reporting.
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to seek input into forestry operations and respond to community concerns.
- Actively participating in incident investigation and preventative and/or corrective action identification.
- Maintaining the HSEQ Management System. Ensure the system supports business and certification requirements, including availability and compliance reporting.
The successful applicant will be based at the corporate office in Geelong, and travel to sites in other states will be required.
The successful applicant will display the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (forestry, agricultural, environmental science or similar) and/or experience in forest certification.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as contributing to a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint, PowerBI).
- Current Victorian driver's licence.
Midway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide an opportunity to work in a diverse and multicultural environment, and seek people who are innovative, goal oriented and can work in teams.