- We are seeking an Experienced mid-level Consultant or Senior Heritage Consultant to join our successful and growing NSW heritage team.
- Location is open to any Niche NSW office location or working from home in NSW.
The experience our team needs:
- Consulting experience, working on historical heritage projects, within NSW.
- If you have 4+ years' experience, our 'Experienced Consultant' role is the role for you.
- If you have 6+ years' experience, our 'Senior Consultant' role is the role for you.
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of the relevant NSW legislation such as the Heritage Act and the National Parks and Wildlife Act.
- Experienced in heritage conservation assessment, archaeological survey, field assessment and excavation.
- A distinct advantage if you are a recognised Excavation Director (ED).
- If you have the passion, dedication and (hold most of) the relevant experience to meet the Heritage Council of NSW Criteria for assessing Excavation Directors - we will help you gain the experience!
The qualifications you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree, with Honours in Arts, Heritage or related studies.
- Preference to a concentration in the field of historical archaeology.
You'll be prepared to:
- Have fun while delivering complex and challenging projects.
- Work both in the office and in the field, traveling to field locations across NSW for periods of time.
- Collaborate closely with your discipline manager and a highly supportive heritage team.
- Leverage your own and Niche's network to bring in work.
- Take ownership of projects and develop professional relationships.
What you'll get in return
- In return you will get the opportunity to lead the winning of new and interesting projects, and work on complex, challenging and exciting projects across NSW, whilst being supported by a professional and welcoming team.
- You will be given a lot of autonomy and exposure to projects from the beginning.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Highly competitive salary which is negotiable for the right candidate.
- Flexible work arrangements which can be discussed to suit your needs.
- Professional learning & development/memberships to appropriate bodies for the role.
- Novated Vehicle leasing scheme.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Paid parental leave.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Mentoring program.
- Annual employee retreat.
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant supportive culture.
Our 85+ strong team includes archaeologists, heritage architects, ecologists, botanists, and environmental engineers, who are in Sydney, Illawarra and across regional New South Wales and in Queensland
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting.
Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000+ projects to clients across Australia. Niche has an excellent safety culture, and our cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.