- We are seeking a Principal Consultant to join our successful and growing NSW heritage team.
- Location is open to any Niche NSW office location, or working from home in NSW.
The experience our team needs:
- 12 to 15+ years consulting experience, working on historical heritage projects, within NSW.
- You are recognised by the Heritage Council of NSW as a respected and suitably qualified, experienced person to enable archaeological work permits (Primary Excavation Director).
- Outstanding knowledge, experience and interpretation ability for NSW legislation, the Heritage Act, the National Parks and Wildlife Act and other relevant planning legislation.
- You will have significant experience in archaeological assessments, assessing heritage significance, statements of heritage impact, the historical archaeology code of practice and assessing significance of archaeological sites & relics.
- You will possess technical excellence and professional writing skills with the ability to provide Quality Assurance reviews and advice to junior team members.
The qualifications you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree, with Honours, in Arts, Heritage or related studies.
- Post graduate studies in the field of historical archaeology or similar would be advantageous.
You'll be prepared to:
- Collaborate closely with the heritage discipline manager to support the historic heritage team members.
- Have fun while winning and managing complex, large, medium and small projects.
- Develop client relationships and build new relationships, leveraging your own and Niche's network to bring in work.
- Fulfil a technical role as a specialist adviser on projects and within the team, providing support in the form of mentoring and leadership to staff members.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, including excellent communication, motivational and organisational skills.
- Travel where the work is, including working outdoors, traveling to field locations as required.
What you'll get in return
- In return you will get the opportunity to lead the winning of new and interesting projects, and work on complex, challenging and exciting projects across NSW, whilst being supported by a professional and welcoming team.
- You will be given a lot of autonomy and exposure to projects from the beginning.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Highly competitive salary which is negotiable for the right candidate.
- Flexible work arrangements which can be discussed to suit your needs.
- Professional learning & development/memberships to appropriate bodies for the role.
- Novated vehicle leasing scheme.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Paid parental leave.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Mentoring program.
- Annual employee retreat.
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant supportive culture.
Our 85+ strong team includes archaeologists, heritage architects, ecologists, botanists, and environmental engineers who are located in Sydney, Illawarra, Port Macquarie and across regional New South Wales and Queensland
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in cultural heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals, and environmental offsetting.
Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000+ projects to clients across Australia. Niche has an excellent safety culture, and our cross-discipline capacity.