Are you an Ecologist? WE ARE HIRING!
EcoResolve is a consulting organisation based in the vibrant, coastal metropolis of Newcastle, NSW. We are seeking a professional, experienced, personable and motivated Ecologist who is keen to become a part of our dynamic, growing team!
As an EcoResolve Ecologist, you will be given the opportunity to work in the field and to collaborate with clients and colleagues to deliver positive outcomes. Your role will be to assist with flora/fauna and ecological surveys and reporting for a diverse range of projects. You will assist in the compilation of information on terrestrial ecology, in both coastal and inland environments, for monitoring, research, offset, conservation and impact assessment projects.
EcoResolve is a flexible business that believes in fostering the wellbeing and growth of our employees. You will be mentored and given the opportunity to gain best practice industry experience in Newcastle and throughout broader New South Wales.
- Mid-level - minimum 2+ years ecological consulting experience.
- Senior - minimum 5+ years ecological consulting experience.
- A degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Conservation Biology or related discipline.
- Sound flora and fauna identification skills.
- Sound report writing and computer skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel and conduct ecological field surveys in remote locations.
- Be self-motivated and to deliver outcomes with competing priorities.
- A willingness and capacity to work within a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail.
- A current drivers licence (C Class).
- Understanding of State and Commonwealth legislation as it applies to biodiversity impact assessment and offsetting.
- ArcGIS skills.
- Experience managing projects, budgets, teams and the expectations of clients and stakeholders.
- Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM) accreditation.
- A passion for botany.
- Other relevant training, such as Provide First Aid, White Card, 4WD training, etc.
- Flexible work options including:
- Time off in lieu (TOIL) accrued for all hours worked.
- Part time or 9-day fortnight arrangements available.
- Balance of work from home, office and in the field that is tailored to suit you.
- Ongoing professional development.
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered commensurate with your level of experience.