Catchment Solutions is a Queensland based environmental services provider operating out of Mackay that works locally and nationally to design, execute, and manage a wide variety of projects. Catchment Solutions are seeking applications from experienced Environmental Project Officers or Coordinators who wish to be considered for current and upcoming opportunities.
This role will primarily be working in our Water Quality Monitoring, Ecosystem Rehabilitation & Repair and Environmental Planning & Approvals team but will also support other services within the business.
An Environmental Project Officer / Coordinator in the Catchment Solutions team has the following responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of best practice environmental projects and services.
- Compile and monitor budgets and take responsibility for the management of projects to ensure quality results are delivered on time and within budget.
- Provide leadership and advice within the environmental team and work cooperatively with external stakeholders and the organisation as a whole.
- Work independently on assigned projects and be responsible for milestone delivery.
- Seek out new business opportunities, prepare proposals and quotes and ensure new business is secured for the organisation.
Key Result Areas/Accountabilities for the position include:
- Working with the environmental team, clients, and key regional stakeholders to develop and deliver projects of required quality and standard.
- Providing strategic direction and support to the environmental team to optimise project delivery and client satisfaction and contribute to the growth of the company.
- Undertaking fieldwork and produce technical reports and communication materials to promote best practice environmental projects.
- Manage Budgets through timely project implementation and completion.
To be considered for positions with Catchment Solutions you will ideally have:
- Tertiary and / or post graduate qualifications in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Earth Sciences, Water Quality, Agricultural Science, Estuarine / Aquatic Ecology or Biology, Hydrological or Land Rehabilitation, Environmental Impact Assessments, Town and Development Planning or similar.
- 3 to 5+ years' professional experience in environmental services provision - preferably in Queensland
- Experience in spatial analysis, computer aided drafting and database management.
- Exposure to project coordination, management, reporting and budgeting.
- A commitment to uphold the highest ethical standards.
- Experience in business operations and client management.
- A hands-on approach to service delivery with experience in leading by example in operational and consulting areas.
- A commitment to maintaining a safe working environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills including demonstrated abilities in mentoring and staff supervision.
- Highly developed written and oral communications with the capacity for original and strategic thought.
The important work that Catchment Solution does is driven by the passion of our team and our commitment to provide project outcomes that promote responsible and sustainable environmental guardianship. We encourage like-minded professionals who share this vision to join our growing team.