Catchment Solutions is a Queensland based environmental services provider operating out of Mackay that works locally and nationally to design, execute, and manage a wide variety of projects. Catchment Solutions are seeking applications from experienced Workplace Health and Safety Officers with experience in Quality Assurance systems.
This Mackay based role will oversee and maintain the Health and Safety Management Systems of Catchment Solutions.
The position is responsible for the following activities:
- Maintaining the Safety Management System ISO45001 (2018).
- Assist in the continued establishment / maintenance of the Quality Management System ISO9001 (2015) .
- WHS policy/procedure improvement and co-ordination of documentation.
- Reviewing Risk Assessments and developing SWMS.
- Auditing procedures and documents as required.
- Conducting site inspections.
- Training personnel and maintaining training records.
Key Result Areas/Accountabilities for the position:
Workplace Health and Safety
- Ensure that the group complies with adopted WH&S management systems, including statutory obligations and verification of required resources.
- Review Risk Assessment processes and implement changes where necessary.
- Review incident and hazard reporting processes and implement changes where necessary.
- Review existing WHS procedures and create new WHS procedures where required.
- Communicate current and new WHS procedures to the employees of the group.
- Coordinate WHS training for existing and new employees and maintain the training records.
- Assist the Senior Management team in establishing the requirements of a Quality Assurance Plan.
- Promote continuous improvement in the workplace.
- Initiate, recommend and provide solutions to all problems identified.
To be considered for positions with Catchment Solutions you will ideally have:
- Certificate IV or higher in Work Health and Safety.
- Certificate IV or higher in Training and Assessment.
- 3 to 5+ years' professional experience in workplace health and safety services provision - preferably in Queensland
- A commitment to maintaining a safe working environment.
- Exposure to project coordination, management, reporting and budgeting.
- A commitment to uphold the highest ethical standards.
- Experience in business operations and client management.
- A hands-on approach to service delivery with experience in leading by example in operational and consulting areas.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills including demonstrated abilities in mentoring and staff supervision.
- Highly developed written and oral communications with the capacity for original and strategic thought.
The important work that Catchment Solution does is driven by the passion of our team and our commitment to provide project outcomes that promote responsible and sustainable environmental guardianship. We encourage like-minded professionals who share this vision to join our growing team.