AECOM has an exciting opportunity for a passionate and quality driven Ecologist / Botanist to join our growing Environmental group, working within our Natural Resources team both across Victoria and interstate.
In this position, you will be leading a range of projects for a diverse array of clients across transport, renewable energy, Defence and the resource sectors. This role presents an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to take the next step in their professional career, or a senior who is looking to further develop their skillset working in an international consultancy.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and implementation of ecological investigations, including:
- Baseline ecological surveys.
- Regional ecosystem verification assessments .
- Bio-condition assessments.
- Targeted flora and fauna surveys.
- Fauna Habitat Assessments.
- Offset suitability surveys.
- Data analysis, mapping and impact assessment.
- Preparation and review of technical reporting, including investigation reports, constraints assessments, species management plans, offset strategies and environmental impact statements.
- Management of ecology projects and client relationships.
- Preparing proposals.
- Mentoring junior staff.
- Business development.
- Developing and maintaining technical networks.
- Participating in technical leadership initiatives across the environment team.
Ideally, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in environmental science, natural resource management or similar.
- Significant proven relevant ecological experience (ideally 10 years+), preferably within a consulting environment.
- Proven experience of habitat, and protected species surveys.
- Experience with GIS desktop and data collection packages such as ESRI ArcGI.
- Working knowledge of Commonwealth and Victorian environmental legislation relating to the environment and an understanding of the relevant planning systems (e.g., EPBC Act, FFG Act, Planning and Environment Act.
- An understanding of the principles of Habitat Hectare assessments (VQA accreditation highly advantageous.
- Experience delivering ecological field programs including baseline and targeted survey.
- Victorian driving licence.
Benefits at AECOM
AECOM is a place where you can maximise your innovative thinking and collaborate with a diverse range of highly intelligent and talented people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, transformational, and iconic projects.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer, and inclusion and diversity are embedded in our core values and are key drivers of our success. Our innovation is enhanced by our ability to draw from a wealth of different backgrounds and experiences. Our teams are made of diverse individuals who work collaboratively to deliver a better world.
As a leader in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues, at AECOM, we prioritise and respond to environmental and net-zero mandates for ourselves and our clients, and support projects and programs that uplift communities and create positive social impact.
We provide a welcoming and stimulating work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development and wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part-time and job share options.
- Working from Home Kits and mobile phone.
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices.
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave.
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging.
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers.
- Wellbeing benefits e.g., vaccinations, health insurance discounts.
- Employee stock purchase plans.
- Professional memberships.
- Professional and technical development opportunities.