Catchment Solutions is a Queensland based environmental services provider operating out of Mackay that works locally and nationally to design, execute, and manage a wide variety of projects. Catchment Solutions are seeking applications from experienced Workplace Health and Safety Officers that also have qualifications and a desire to work in the Environmental field as a project officer or coordinator
This dual role will oversee and maintain the Health and Safety Management Systems of Catchment Solutions and be part of the project team that delivers a variety of environmental programs to a diverse customer base.
The position is responsible for the following activities:
- Maintaining the Safety Management System ISO45001 (2018).
- Assist in the continued establishment / maintenance of the Quality Management System ISO9001 (2015) .
- WHS policy/procedure improvement and co-ordination of documentation.
- Reviewing Risk Assessments and developing SWMS.
- Auditing procedures and documents as required.
- Conducting site inspections.
- Training personnel and maintaining training records.
- Coordinating the development and implementation of Environmental. projects for Catchment Solutions.
- Delivery and support of environmental projects.
Key Result Areas/Accountabilities for the position:
Workplace Health and Safety
- Ensure that the group complies with adopted WH&S management systems, including statutory obligations and verification of required resources.
- Review Risk Assessment processes and implement changes where necessary.
- Review incident and hazard reporting processes and implement changes where necessary.
- Review existing WHS procedures and create new WHS procedures where required.
- Communicate current and new WHS procedures to the employees of the group.
- Coordinate WHS training for existing and new employees and maintain the training records.
- Assist the Senior Management team in establishing the requirements of a Quality Assurance Plan.
- Promote continuous improvement in the workplace.
- Initiate, recommend and provide solutions to all problems identified.
Environmental Project Coordinator
- To work with the Environmental team, clients and key regional stakeholders to develop and deliver environmental management projects.
- To coordinate the involvement of Environmental clients and key stakeholders in action on projects.
- To undertake fieldwork and produce technical reports and communication materials about environmental projects.
- Identify, research and develop in conjunction with the Catchment Solutions management team business opportunities aligned to environmental consultancy services.
- Successfully deliver current environmental projects in the service division ensuring clients satisfactions is high while ensuring CS performance targets are reached.
To be considered for positions with Catchment Solutions you will ideally have:
- Certificate IV or higher in Work Health and Safety.
- Certificate IV or higher in Training and Assessment.
- Tertiary and / or post graduate qualifications in Environmental Science, Earth Sciences, Water Quality, Agricultural Science, Hydrological or Land Rehabilitation, Environmental Impact Assessments, Estuarine / Aquatic Ecology or Biology, Environmental Engineering, Town and Development Planning or similar.
- 3 to 5+ years' professional experience in workplace health and safety services provision - preferably in Queensland
- A commitment to maintaining a safe working environment.
- Exposure to project coordination, management, reporting and budgeting.
- A commitment to uphold the highest ethical standards.
- Experience in business operations and client management.
- A hands-on approach to service delivery with experience in leading by example in operational and consulting areas.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills including demonstrated abilities in mentoring and staff supervision.
- Highly developed written and oral communications with the capacity for original and strategic thought.
The important work that Catchment Solution does is driven by the passion of our team and our commitment to provide project outcomes that promote responsible and sustainable environmental guardianship. We encourage like-minded professionals who share this vision to join our growing team.