Catchment Solutions is a Queensland based environmental service provider, with a head office in Mackay, that works locally and nationally to design, execute, and manage a wide variety of projects.
Catchment Solutions is seeking a Senior Environmental Consultant to join their team on a full-time basis. This is a new and additional position that has been developed to accommodate increased business activity and future growth opportunities.
Our core capabilities and market offer focus on the following areas whilst also looking for opportunities to further expand the business. This role will work across most aspects of the business:
- Environmental Investigation and Assessment.
- Environmental Planning and Approvals.
- Ecosystem Rehabilitation and Repair.
- Water Quality Services.
- Agriculture Innovation and Support.
- Fisheries and Aquatic Ecosystems.
The role has responsibility for obtaining through fee proposals, quotes and funding applications a range of environmental projects including water quality assessments, environmental approvals, construction environmental support, ecological assessments and land & water rehabilitation projects. The role will also ensure the successful delivery of these projects on time and on budget whilst ensuring relevant legislative compliance and continuous improvement.
This is a key role within Catchment Solutions, so we are seeking a highly motivated person with at least 8 years environmental consulting experience. This is an opportunity to take on a leading role within a small team of dedicated environmental professionals who are focused on managing and improving our natural resources.
- Development and implementation of best practice environmental projects and services.
- Compile and monitor budgets and take responsibility for the management of projects to ensure quality results are delivered on time and within budget.
- Provide leadership and advice within the environmental team and work cooperatively with external stakeholders and the organisation as a whole.
- The delivery of multiple projects including project proposals, project inception, resource allocation, safety and quality management, cost control, drafting reports, review of reports and project closure.
- Work independently on assigned projects and be responsible for milestone delivery.
- Seek out new business opportunities, prepare proposals and quotes and ensure new business is secured for the organisation.
- Working with the environmental team, clients and key regional stakeholders to develop and deliver projects of required quality and standard.
- Providing strategic direction and support to the environmental team to optimise project delivery and client satisfaction and contribute to the growth of the company.
- Undertaking fieldwork and produce technical reports and communication materials to promote best practice environmental projects.
- Manage Budgets through timely project implementation and completion.
To be considered for positions with Catchment Solutions you will have:
- Tertiary and / or post graduate qualifications in one or more of the following fields: Science, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or similar.
- 8+ years professional experience in environmental services provision - preferably in Queensland
- Experience in one or more of the following fields: Estuarine / Aquatic Science Ecology or Biology, Environmental Science, Earth Sciences, Water Quality, Agricultural Science, Hydrological or Environmental Engineering, Land Rehabilitation, Environmental Impact Assessments, Town and Development Planning, Contaminated Land or similar.
- Membership of, or eligibility for admission to EIANZ or equivalent professional body.
- Eligibility for Certified Environmental Practitioner (CEnvP).
- Experience in project coordination, management, reporting and budgeting.
- A commitment to uphold the highest ethical standards.
- Experience in business operations and client management.
- A hands-on approach to service delivery with experience in leading by example in operational and consulting areas.
- A commitment to maintaining a safe working environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills including demonstrated abilities in mentoring and staff supervision.
- Highly developed written and oral communications with the capacity for original and strategic thought.
The important work that Catchment Solution does is driven by the passion of our team and our commitment to provide project outcomes that promote responsible and sustainable environmental guardianship. We encourage like-minded professionals who share this vision to join our growing team.