- Must have proven ability to develop policies and strategies relating to climate change, sustainability and the natural environment
- Supportive team, competitive salary and great benefits for someone willing to contribute to a high performing team
- Full time opportunity with a monthly RDO to showcase your skills
The City of Casey is the largest and one of the fastest growing municipalities in Victoria. The Council plans and delivers quality services and infrastructure for the more than 356,600 residents who call Casey home.
At Casey we live our values of dreaming big, empowering each other and making our community proud.
About the role
This role sits in the Sustainability and Environment team as part of the City Planning and Infrastructure division which plans, designs, builds and maintains the City for our growing community.
You will provide specialist advice to support the development and implementation of policies and strategies relating to environment and sustainability. To be successful, you will have a good understanding of the planning system, project management, stakeholder engagement and flexibility to work as part of a team.
This role will inform the delivery of strategic and operational programs that enhance the City of Casey's capacity to respond to the impacts of climate change.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Guide the development and implementation of key policies and strategies that will contribute to the ongoing protection of the natural and built environment.
- Work closely with key State Government Departments and Agencies in order to inform positive local environmental planning outcomes.
- Review and assess corporate actions against each of council’s key environment and sustainability strategies.
- Provide advice to Council on the implications of policy developments at National and State levels relating to Environment and Sustainability.
- Work closely with Council’s Health Planners to support the effective planning and implementation of climate change considerations into the Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan to deliver health and wellbeing co-benefits and meet legislative requirements.
- Lead and support the delivery of Council projects that improve the resilience of the built and natural environment.
- Provide technical advice to statutory and strategic planners and other departments as required on issues relating to environmental planning.
- Keep up to date on policy, legislation and regulations relevant to the requirements of the position.
- Must have the ability to build strong relationships and influence outcomes to navigate politically challenging environments.
- Tertiary qualification in environmental science or related field with some related work experience; or
- lesser qualifications with substantial relevant experience; or
- substantial relevant experience commensurate with the requirements of the position.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting environmental outcomes through the strategic and statutory planning process.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver environmental and sustainability projects on time and within budget.
- Willingness to undergo pre-employment background checks including National Criminal History Check, Working with Children Check and Eligibility to Work check.
- Covid-19 Vaccination in line with State Government directives
About our benefits
Our workplace is an inclusive and diverse culture which encourages innovation and supports your work and life balance. There are plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and grow your career within our expanding and diverse organisation.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options supported
- Study assistance
- Health initiatives
Access to our support and wellbeing programs
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
The City of Casey has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers.