Streamology is a growing niche consulting company that develops the methods and strategies used by the industry. We are increasingly becoming the specialist provider in waterway science and geomorphology in rural and urban areas and are looking for our next exceptional Environmental Scientist and Drone operator.
Do you enjoy and are you good at?
- Piloting multi-rotar drones to capture exceptional footage in tricky terrain
- Using processing and mapping software such as Pix4D, CloudCompare, ArcGIS and QGIS
- Solving water and waterway issues and thinking about waterway systems at a range of scales
What is the Position?
This position forms a core element of the Streamology consulting team. The position allows the right candidate to influence the direction of not only the company, but to play a fundamental role in achieving the outcome of healthier waterway environments.
In this role, your time will be split across field work and desktop analysis. This role will involve:
- Expertly piloting drones to ensure the capture of key imagery and video for mapping, survey and 3D surface applications
- Contributing to our other field programs, so an interest in field monitoring of waterways, wetlands and the coast along with an understanding of these systems would allow you to work across a range of projects
- Coordinating and management of field campaigns
- Contributing to project inputs therefore skills and experience in the application of hydrologic and hydraulic models and GIS are required
Ultimately, this is a position that allows you to influence the way waterways positively shape our industry and our landscapes. This position opens the doors for the right candidate to make a difference to the management of water, waterways and catchments and be integral to shaping the direction of a vibrant and growing company. The diversity of projects for this position will be across the full realm of Streamology’s assignments, although primarily in regional settings.
Have you got what it takes?
- A current Remote Pilots Licence (RePL)
- An appropriate science qualification such as a bachelor's degree in Environmental Science
- Experience flying and working in the industry
What would you be doing each week?
- Piloting Streamology’s drones to capture key imagery for environmental monitoring and other projects
- Processing the data captured for mapping, survey and 3D applications using Pix4D and CloudCompare software
- Working closely with project teams to understand the requirements for drone imagery and the required analysis
- Reporting clearly and concisely regarding the captured imagery and what implications the results have
- Liaising with clients to coordinate field campaigns
- Undertaking fieldwork on catchments, rivers and wetlands in rural or urban environments
- Traveling within Victoria and interstate, including remote office and fieldwork
- Effectively managing your time – we work in a fast-paced environment and the goal posts can change
- Working closely and clearly communicating with clients
- Supporting project management and/or projecting managing some projects
- Crunching data to work out the ‘what’ and ‘why’
- Producing high quality technical reports
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to contribute to industry-changing approaches to managing water and waterways
- Development of your technical skills and experience from a range of in-house experts in the field, and ongoing collaborations with universities and specialists
- The chance to shape and grow a young and dynamic company
- A fun, engaging, and fast-paced workplace
- Flexibility to enjoy your lifestyle and the environment in which we live
- An idea meritocracy that values your opinions and ideas - lateral thinking, vision and foresight is highly valued at Streamology
- A flat structure, we are a small boutique company that is open and honest with each other all the time
- A safe working environment
Does this interest you? Then download the position descripiton (attached) and get in touch!