Vimy Resource (Vimy) has an opportunity for an Environmental Advisor who gets results and demonstrates persistence and tenacity to support its existing small team of professionals.
Vimy is a Perth based ASX listed resource development company mining a cleaner tomorrow, with flagship projects located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
The position provides a unique opportunity to work on Western Australia’s first Uranium mine. Vimy has embraced the flexible work environment, with this role being offered at 0.6 FTE tailored to your individual circumstances.
About the Role
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Have a strong safety focus and undertake all activities in a safe manner
- Create and review environmental documents, management plans, and training materials towards approvals and ensuring compliance with the requirements established within
- Assist in the identification of environmental risks and controls, including control review and verification
- Provide technical environmental advice in the interpretation of legislation, acts and regulations
- Prepare and submit compliance reports in association with legislative requirements (permits, licenses, regulations and approvals)
- Respond to environmental incidents and supporting subsequent investigations
- Conduct environmental audits and field sampling and analysis
- Coordinate external consultants and interact with key stakeholders
- Degree level qualifications in Environmental Science/Management or similar
- Demonstrated experience in environmental assessment and approvals
- Strong understanding of WA legislation, standards, and codes in relation to environmental reporting and approvals
- Strong analytical, reporting, and verbal communication skills
- Brilliant at problem solving and providing tailored solutions
- An ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Valid/current driver's license
Be part of a small team who are committed to providing professional support and guidance on a unique project in Western Australia.