- Are you a passionate person who is looking to Care for and Restore Natural Areas for Now and the Future?
- Are you a person who can bring the best out in a team to deliver great outcomes in bush regeneration, ecosystem restoration, community eco-engagement, large-scale planting projects and more?
- Can you keep daily records, monitor contract obligations, do periodic reporting and liaise with various clients and management regularly?
- Are you prepared to travel throughout the Greater Sydney region to work on various beautiful sites?
Assistant Site Supervisors work with our Site Supervisors, assisting them to deliver the best outcomes for the natural areas we care for and restore. This position is a great opportunity to gain skills in leadership and site management while having someone to mentor and help guide you.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Picking up a company vehicle and appropriate tools
- Maintaining and servicing tools
- Completing daily reporting
- Liaise with clients and management to monitor contract obligations.
- Assist in training inexperienced or new on-ground team members.
- Work independently.
Why is Dragonfly a great choice for you?
- We care about nature, the environment and the quality of work we do within it.
- We provide the opportunity to engage in a variety of worksites and ecosystems, offering the platform to learn plant identification and industry techniques across multiple vegetation communities.
- We aim to be low-chemical use or chemical-free where possible.
- We are a highly organised company that encourages input from all so we all excel in our positions.
- We have a great team environment.
- We care about YOU and your journey through life as it relates to the position you hold in Dragonfly. This includes and not limited to skills, experiences, and career advancements through varied roles and/or higher level of responsibilities.
- We offer a flexible workplace to nurture your growth professionally and personally.
Skills, experience and focus areas we are looking for:
- Experience in Bush Regeneration (minimum 1+ years)
- Confident leadership and people management skills.
- Focus on quality of outcome and time management.
- A drive for the best outcome of site ecology and flora diversity.
- Strong passion for our native flora and fauna.
What qualifications do you need?
- White card
- Manual drivers’ licence
- Conservation and Land Management Certificate 3 (CLM III).
- Chemical Certificate (AQF3 ChemCert).
- First Aid Certificate.
- Degree/diploma in the environment industry.
- Chainsaw ticket and experience in use.
- Medium Ridged drivers’ licence.
- Folk lift licence.
- Experience in quoting.
- Experience in large scale revegetation projects.
- Experience in seed collection and plant propagation.