The Wentworth Group of Concerned Scientists is seeking a motivated project manager with expertise in native vegetation, mapping and remote sensing/GIS to lead a recently funded native vegetation mapping and monitoring project for Australia. This position would suit a technical expert with extensive project management experience and native vegetation knowledge. Applications will be accepted up to 22 September 2021.
08-1.0 FTE (negotiable depending on qualifications and experience)
- Overseeing project development and implementation;
- Administering and supporting an expert advisory panel;
- Developing a national vegetation mapping standard to enable appropriate mapping of a range of different ecosystem services from native vegetation;
- Building relationships with potential end-users, including sourcing feedback on most useful product to ensure take-up of project outputs;
- Coordinating delivery of pilot study by service provider;
- Developing the national standard and mapping systems with stakeholders through identifying and securing additional funding;
- Designing and implementing the communications and extension strategy.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated relevant project management experience with the ability to work in a small team environment and the ability to prioritise a wide range of potentially conflicting demands;
- Demonstrated high level technical and spatial skills and experience in the conservation sciences, including using remotely sensed data;
- Familiarity with Australian native vegetation;
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and negotiating with high level stakeholders in a range of sectors, including State/Territory and Federal Governments;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in environmental conservation policy analysis and/or planning, advocacy, and implementation, including a concept of the policy implications of developments in native vegetation mapping technologies;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills as well as excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and GIS programs.
- Demonstrated experience and high-level skills in communications and knowledge extension, including capacity to engage and collaborate with end-users regarding application of project outcomes
Salary package will be $100,000 p.a. (including superannuation).