- Must have strong native and pest plant identification skills
- 1x full-time permanent and 2x full-time limited tenure roles until 2026
- Supportive team with great benefits for someone who enjoys working to conserve the local environment
The City of Casey is the largest and one of the fastest growing municipalities in Victoria. The Council plans and delivers quality services and infrastructure for the more than 356,600 residents who call Casey home.
At Casey we live our values of dreaming big, empowering each other and making our community proud.
About the role
This role sits in the Open Space Presentation team as part of the City Planning and Infrastructure division which plans, designs, builds and maintains the City for our growing community.
You will support and implement the delivery of works contributing to Council’s Natural Environment Program in accordance with conservation and land management best practice.
This role will contribute to the delivery of management actions for Bushland Management Plans and natural assets within the City of Casey.
Responsibilities of this role include
- Support, maintain and implement management plan actions for bushland and environmental assets.
- Perform all general bushland maintenance works including weeding, spraying, planting, watering, mulching, and pruning, in accordance with industry best practice, Council policies and procedures.
- Operate a range of mechanical equipment and plant associated with bushland regeneration and general horticultural operations.
- Provide conservation and land management advice and information to the Natural Environment team and other Council staff in accordance with professional, technical knowledge and industry best practice.
- Communicate via portable device/s to access Casey’s Asset Management System and other software programs.
- Audit and provide feedback on contractor performance as required.
- Report all defects on assets within Council’s bushland and open space network including parks, reserves, trees and streetscapes.
- Positively respond to enquiries and complaints from the public.
- Keep up to date with current conservation and land management practices, codes, regulations, legislation and Acts
- A tertiary qualification of AQF level 3 or above in Conservation and Land Management or related discipline, or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use and maintenance of a broad range of plant and equipment including but not limited to chainsaws, brush cutters and spray packs is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in the management and delivery of OHS & Risk Management principles and practices is desirable.
- Current Australian Drivers Licence.
- Current Ag Vet Chemical Users Certificate is desirable.
- Current Certificate in First Aid is desirable.
- Light Truck Endorsement is desirable
- Willingness to undergo pre-employment background checks including: National Criminal History Check, Working with Children Check, Eligibility to Work check
About our benefits
Our workplace is an inclusive and diverse culture which encourages innovation and supports your work and life balance. There are plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and grow your career within our expanding and diverse organisation.
Our benefits include
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options supported
- Study assistance
- Health initiatives
- Access to our support and wellbeing programs
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
The City of Casey has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers.