ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
About the Position
ALS Hydrographics is a diverse and dynamic provider of hydro-meteorological products and services.
The ALS Hydrographics Team in Scoresby are seeking ambitious applicants for the position of Graduate Data Analyst (Hydrology).
The successful candidate/s will receive industry specific on-the-job training and support, to assist them in meeting the responsibilities of the role, with the option to complete a fully funded Diploma of Water Industry Operations (Hydrography).
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Verify, edit, quality code and troubleshoot anomalies with environmental data. This includes stream water level/flow, weather station and water quality data.
- Be able to review large amounts of data with attention to detail.
- Keep accurate records of training, field observations, photographs, maps, instrumentation and calibrations.
- Intermediate skill level in MS Office- Word/Excel/Power Point.
- Be open to managing projects indivually and within a team.
- On the job training will be supplied in project specific software applications, including our LiveData™ app and Hydstra.
- Awareness of how environmental monitoring stations are installed, operated and maintained, with a strict emphasis on quality.
- Undertake rating table (level to flow) curve reviews and manage the associated databases.
- Competent in writing reports/procedures to clients and our internal Hydrographic team.
- Provide best practice Hydrographic services for clients, in a safe and timely manner.
- Liaise and correspond with clients
- Sound knowledge of, and adherence to ALS core values. Safety as a priority, Honesty and Integrity, Exceeding client expectations, Belief in our ability, Hard Work and continuous improvement, Doing it better and Celebrating success.
The ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering or similar; in progress or completed.
- An interest in environmental monitoring and environmental data.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team to achieve results.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Focussed, driven and passionate about creating a positive culture driven by innovation.
- High level of initiative and ability to work under pressure.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
Benefits & Culture
At ALS we believe that the people we employ are what makes ALS the great company it is today. We offer many benefits to staff, including and not limited to:
- Industry agreed Enterprise Agreement with guaranteed annual salary increments.
- Company sponsored membership of the Australian Hydrographers Association.
- Company sponsored industry certification with the Australian Hydrographers Association.
- Company sponsored enrolment in Diploma of Water Operations in Hydrography training.
- Health fund discounts with Bupa.
- Opportunity to salary sacrifice car costs with Autopia.
- Corporate superannuation benefits with Sunsuper.
- On-line learning system with extensive modules of choice.
- Opportunities to progress and develop your career within ALS including global opportunities.
- We actively support a diverse workforce and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Be part of a committed, dedicated and inclusive team who continually strive to meet and exceed client expectations.