- Awesome entry level opportunity in the environmental markets project space
- Opportunity to build new skills and experience with potential for long term career opportunities
- Fun and friendly team working on projects with tangible environmental outcomes
GreenCollar is Australia’s largest dedicated Environmental Markets advisor and investor. Our team works to understand the natural capital in the land and marine scape and enable stakeholders to access innovative finance to implement projects with positive environmental and economic outcomes. GreenCollar is the largest provider of abatement under the Australian Government’s Emissions Reduction Fund. In addition, GreenCollar is actively developing new environmental markets that respond to the Paris Agreement Sustainable Development Goals.
Our clients, partners and joint venture stakeholders range from landholders, research groups, non-Government organisations, corporations, and the Government. To give best value, we bring together an equally diverse and skilled team of scientists, environmental and geographical specialists, lawyers and finance professionals.
This is a great role for someone with entry-level experience looking to move into the environmental market space, in a passionate ‘for-purpose organisation’. GreenCollar is looking for four enthusiastic, full time Project Technician’s to join our Technical Team. The four Project Technician Roles will rotate between the Assessment, Reporting, Monitoring and Data teams, allowing for development of a wide range of technical skills as well as exposure to different company initiatives. The Project Technicians will report to the relevant team coordinator to produce high volumes of work ensuring the on-time delivery of project assessments and reports across a range of regulatory and voluntary environmental markets.
More about the role:
- Tracking, monitoring, and reporting on the status of projects including:
- Undertake modelling for Emission Reduction Fund, Reef Credit and other projects using ecological modelling tools
- Compile project abatement accounts
- Compile assessment documents for both internal and external stakeholders
- Compile project information into abatement report packages
- Draft and review reporting packages
- Assist in the compilation of monitoring data and draft monitoring documents for both internal and external stakeholders
- Carry out data processing and quality assurance and quality control within MySQL database ensuring adherence to internal and external quality standards
- Assist with project verification and audits
- Field surveying when required, often in remote locations
- Assist with adapting workflow protocols and procedures in a changing environment to complete projects on time and to budget
- Assist with research tasks relating to literature reviews, case studies, alternate methodologies etc
- Assist in developing field and remote monitoring methods
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in Excel and Word
- An interest in data science and systems automation
- Science background / Tertiary degree with a focus on research
- Strong organisational, problem solving and continuous improvement focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work away from home during field trips when required
- Detail oriented and able to generate and interpret accurate and precise technical information.
- Experience uploading and extracting data from an SQL database
- Experience programming in R / Python
- GIS experience (QGIS, ArcGIS, R or equivalent)
- Unrestricted Class C driver’s licence and ability to confidently drive manual vehicles
- Desire to work outdoors, to work hard, and to be accepting of all weather conditions and terrain