- Flexible working arrangements (Work from Home or Work from Office based at Warriewood - depending on the area you live in!)
Total Earth Care is your “one-stop environmental shop” that provides environmental & civil planning, management, and on-ground solutions. Since our incorporation in 1991, we have pioneered ecological restoration and environmental rehabilitation techniques in the Sydney region and have grown to become a multi-disciplinary company providing a range of specialist services across Australia.
Our main focus is to become the leading niche environmental consulting team in Australia that will be renowned for its strong ethical values and integrity.
Total Earth Care is currently recruiting for an Experienced Ecologist with a minimum of two years’ experience to join our Environmental Consulting team.
This position is for full-time employment.
You will be responsible for:
- Conducting Flora and Fauna surveys,
- Preparation of reports including:
- Flora and Fauna Impact Assessments;
- Vegetation and Biodiversity Management Plans
- Development Opportunities and Constraints Reports;
- Provide assistance in the development of Biodiversity Development Assessment Reports (BDARs), Biodiversity Certification Assessment Reports (BCARs), and Biodiversity Stewardship Site Assessment Reports (BSSARs);
- Species Impact Statements; and
- EPBC Act referrals.
- Preparation of tender documentation and quotes;
- Marketing Consulting Division services to procure projects and ensure a constant flow of projects for the Division; but also
- Marketing services provided across all divisions of TEC where possible to assist in procuring projects across the company.
- Bachelor of Botany/Science/Environmental Science/Applied Science/Natural Resource Management or equivalent in a related discipline;
- Strong working knowledge of terrestrial ecology, environmental impact assessment, NSW environmental planning, and legislation;
- A demonstrated ability to write fluently and concisely in a scientific manner. This would normally be in the form of ecological assessment report/s and or vegetation/bushland management plans;
- Strong Flora Identification within NSW
- Experience in the performance of ecological field surveys – particularly terrestrial flora and fauna surveys conducted in the Sydney Basin;
- Knowledge of NSW environmental legislation and key aspects of policy – especially the NSW Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979 and the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Environmental Consulting or in a relevant government position;
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project Management skills; and
- Experience and abilities in ArcGIS or QGIS mapping.
- Strong flora identification skills within NSW
- BAM Accreditation;
- Experience in bush regeneration and a genuine understanding of bushland management principles within the Sydney metropolitan area;
- Experience and qualifications in animal handling;
- Contract law short course;
- Experience with Planning for Bush Fire Protection (2006);
- Arboricultural qualifications and/or experience; and
- Working knowledge of the NSW Biosecurity Act 2015 and relevant weed controls.