Challis Enviro. is a company who have established themselves in the area of indigenous Bushland/Grassland Management, in Melbourne's outer west. We are dedicated to the protection, enhancement and expansion of indigenous vegetation.
We currently require a Bushland/Grassland Crew Member.
- Removal of noxious and environmental weeds from high bio-diversity bushland/grassland using herbicides and hand weeding methods.
- Large scale planting of indigenous plant cells and tube stock.
- Woody weed removal amongst riparian vegetation on steep rocky escarpments
- Herbicide spraying
- General labouring
- Grass harvesting and herbaceous seed collection
- Excellent understanding of bushland/grassland management.
- Excellent plant i.d. skills, both indigenous and weedy species
- A thorough understanding of OH&S policies and guidelines
- Knowledge of herbicide rates and their application
- And understanding of indigenous plant habit and habitat
- A knowledge of revegetation and regeneration of indigenous plants
- Experience with brush cutters, chainsaws and mini augers
- Experience with backpack and rig spraying equipment
- Experience with cutting and painting methods for woody weeds
- General machinery and equipment maintenance
- Diploma/Cert 3 in Conservation and Land Management or similar, or a minimum of 2 years field based experience
- Must have current manual drivers licence
- Chemcert or equivalent
- Chainsaw user's certificate
- Senior first aid level 2
The position requires a high level of physical fitness, as the job can be extremely demanding in all types of weather conditions. Applicants must be punctual, reliable and hard working.
Wages will be determined, on level of qualification and experience.
The role is offered as casual after a trial period.